SPL titles: Would you mind if they were stripped?

Kind of a daft question, but I was thinking that there's two aspects to this EBT situation that makes it a little less hurtful that I thought it may be even a month ago.

First, is the realisation that whatever retrospective action is taken, I trooped along (bored a lot of the time, I must say) during that period and enjoyed the sensation of victory. That can't be taken away by later decisions; maybe I suffer from a lack of imagination or I'm exceptionally thick skinned but someone saying, a decade later, 'that disny count' doesn't sully my memories of that period at all.

Second, given that we've seen what the SPL is and has always been all about over the last few months, is it such a big thing to give away their titles? That jaggy cup has never actually stirred much longing in me, unlike the European Cup, 'their' one win of which I freely admit to being most envious of. In another thread a few weeks back I posted that, should we ever win another SPL trophy, we ought to carry it round the trackside so we fans could poo in it...the sense that it is more of a stain on our history than an honour is something that has been increasing for me. Yes, we were part of it and yes, we may have driven it but no, I don't feel proud of it and no, I wouldn't care if these achievements were expunged from the minds of others fans.

In short, it wouldn't affect my memories and in moral terms they were of low worth anyhow. Such are the thoughts of a portly lad on a Saturday afternoon.

Edited by andy steel

Guest Dutchy

There's no reason to have them removed, or stripped from us in the first place, but maybe we got get all the titles won during the war years added on.

There's more chance of that happening and that ain't going to happen.

If we're to have a line drawn under all of this and start with a clean slate then the EBT / dual contract issue needs to be brought to it's conclusion. There's no point in it hanging over our heads. The exact findings of the SPL investigation haven't been disclosed, although it's believed we have a case to answer.

If wrongdoing on our part is proven during any of those title winning seasons and the crime is deemed serious enough to warrant stripping of those titles then yes, I would accept that punishment.

Damn right I'd mind. These titles were won fair & square on the pitch. Timothy's main arguement is we paid undisclosed payments(in the form of EBT's) to players & we couldn't afford this. I have 2 commnts on this:-

1) these payments were in section 6 of Rangers annual accounts every year throughout the EBT years. Did SFA or SPL never think to question this & why are they so alarmed now ?

2) Regards debts many clubs ran up debts last decade. Shellik were no exception. At the end of the O'Neil era shellik had debts of around £30m. So they couldn't afford players too according to what they allege against us

A condition to any re-entry to SPL following yesterday's SFL vote must be that this EBT investigation is dropped.No sanctions, transfer embargos too BTW.

why would they be stripped? show me a team on this planet who wins things without spending money they dont have...........having debt is what makes the football world go round

Edited by kuznetsov