Realistic Signing Targets

Gazza's talk of playing for us was pretty crazy considering his own circumstances.

But retired ex-players who still have good fitness may not actually be a bad idea, in what is basically a part time league i'm sure they could do a job, not want paid very much and help the youngsters.

However, registration ban would make even that impossible.

probably won't come to div 3 then.

Probably not. Even though we're in Div3 though, it might still be worth the effort of trying to get a hold of some youth internationals.

eg. Tià Sastre - Spain U18 international midfielder. Currently playing in Spanish 3rd tier for the Mallorca B side.

A phone call to Brian Laudrup, who can then get onto his brother, may prove rewarding.

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is now in management.

It seems unlikely to me that Dick Advocaat would remain outside management for long.

Alex Ferguson could be persuaded, if Walter was to talk to him.

Davie Moyes is a decent man, and may feel a twinge of guilt at raiding our fire 'sale'.

We are not without friends and can find two or three players from around Europe who could do a job.

A phone call to Brian Laudrup, who can then get onto his brother, may prove rewarding.

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is now in management.

It seems unlikely to me that Dick Advocaat would remain outside management for long.

Alex Ferguson could be persuaded, if Walter was to talk to him.

Davie Moyes is a decent man, and may feel a twinge of guilt at raiding our fire 'sale'.

We are not without friends and can find two or three players from around Europe who could do a job.

Dick Advocaat is head coach of PSV.

Bet that won't last more than two years...

PSV sold their stadium last season for 48million and then spent 30 million on players to win nothing. If they are not careful they could end up like us. Advocaat is not exactly the low budget manager to help you out in lean times.

Guest Dutchy
'b' is a good point which I made the other day. Huge chance for people to write themselves in as real hero's in their own way.

I think Albertz and Mols is far fetched, they couldnt play a full season. No doubt they would be wonderful in the dressing room though and inspire the new team on and Im all for bringing them in on some role if they do it volunterarly.

But Ferguson and Novo are very realistic seen as they are still playing at a higher level than we currently are. Pretty sure Novo might fancy.

I still think we need to get some loan deals from Arsenal again.

Although I agree with your post, I'm not so sure the Arsenal managent and coaches will be happy to let their players come to the 3rd div. In fact, that probably applies to all teams management, whatever the players may want.

PSV sold their stadium last season for 48million and then spent 30 million on players to win nothing. If they are not careful they could end up like us. Advocaat is not exactly the low budget manager to help you out in lean times.

Any news on the Euro 1.3 bn owed by the La Liga clubs to the Spanish tax player and in player insurances? Methinks "for the good of the Spanish game" the government decided to start a payback scheme in 2020 or the like. And UEFA nodded in agreement. It is obviously somewhat differently handled in Britain and by the SFA. Out of ... wait ... ah yes ... sporting integrity.

Advocaat has never had a job where he's lasted 100 games or more since leaving us, definition of journeyman.

He was at PSV before Rangers, so logic suggests his next job will be returning to Ibrox. ;)