Realistic Signing Targets

I would take Kyle and Beattie. Would like to see Hemmings get a chance though. We should build for the future. I don't like the crazy talk of Mols, Albert and Ferguson. We would gain nothing by having them. Novo could probably still do a job at that level. But has he still got it? Done next to nothing last couple of seasons
What we must absolutely NOT do is take on someone looking for a last big payday. We should not be an elephants' graveyard; it was bad enough when we had Ostenstad, Capucho et al. Jig, Alexander and Broadfoot provide a core of experience. Young Telfer, McKay, Hemmings, should all get runs. That's why I was disappointed to see McCabe and Ness move on - they could have been the cornerstone of the great RFC revival.

Depends on whether we get a SFA membership and no transfer embargo.

BTW, Jörg Albertz recently twittered to Nacho Novo: "Time to go home, wee man."

why would we have a transfer embargo? it has been thrown out. found illegal.

I am hoping that the few young prospect players that have had a taste of action last season and have stayed like Hemmings, Mitchell, Perry and with the relatively experienced (in perspective) Hutton and Kerkar, joining Alexander and McCulloch (expect Wallace to be sold) there is a nucleus of a side for the next couple of seasons.

We should not expect much by way of cup runs, which will be very difficult for us given our usual level of expectation, and we must remain patient when we inevitably have a bad result or two along the way. Nobody wins a title without a hiccup, and given the lack of preparation Ally has had to try to gel a team together (remember he is still pretty much a rookie manager) we should be lowering our expectations somewhat, however sad that sounds.

I am hoping that the few young prospect players that have had a taste of action last season and have stayed like Hemmings, Mitchell, Perry and with the relatively experienced (in perspective) Hutton and Kerkar, joining Alexander and McCulloch (expect Wallace to be sold) there is a nucleus of a side for the next couple of seasons.

We should not expect much by way of cup runs, which will be very difficult for us given our usual level of expectation, and we must remain patient when we inevitably have a bad result or two along the way. Nobody wins a title without a hiccup, and given the lack of preparation Ally has had to try to gel a team together (remember he is still pretty much a rookie manager) we should be lowering our expectations somewhat, however sad that sounds.

Think Wallace may stay - he wants to live in Scotland with his pregnant partner and no other club could afford him.

Think Wallace may stay - he wants to live in Scotland with his pregnant partner and no other club could afford him.

Just a thought could Hearts not ask for him back as we never paid for him.

I've been checking out some under 18's who might be worth taking a look at:

Kurt Zouma - St Etienne

Samuel Umtiti - Lyon

Kenneth Zohore - FC Copenhagen

Lucas Andersen - Aalborg

EDIT: made this list a few weeks back. Zouma & Umtiti are French U19 Internationals. Zohore has just signed for Fiorentina and Anderson is reportedly attracting interest from Ajax and Liverpool.

Back to the drawing board then....

Edited by UCF2008

Some rumours say that Black would sign no matter where we play. It will probably depend on the money too.

Some folk may sign up because they can a) play for Rangers and b) become legends despite not being of the Baxter-, McCoist-, Goram- etc. ilk or quality. For they came in our darkest hour.

'b' is a good point which I made the other day. Huge chance for people to write themselves in as real hero's in their own way.

I think Albertz and Mols is far fetched, they couldnt play a full season. No doubt they would be wonderful in the dressing room though and inspire the new team on and Im all for bringing them in on some role if they do it volunterarly.

But Ferguson and Novo are very realistic seen as they are still playing at a higher level than we currently are. Pretty sure Novo might fancy.

I still think we need to get some loan deals from Arsenal again.

I've been checking out some under 18's who might be worth taking a look at:

Kurt Zouma - St Etienne

Samuel Umtiti - Lyon

Kenneth Zohore - FC Copenhagen

Lucas Andersen - Aalborg

EDIT: made this list a few weeks back. Zouma & Umtiti are French U19 Internationals. Zohore has just signed for Fiorentina and Anderson is reportedly attracting interest from Ajax and Liverpool.

Back to the drawing board then....

probably won't come to div 3 then.