Lennons a classless twat - no news there - akin to trying to get an opponent sent off

Surely celtic should also be docked a second place for using an EBT. The fact that they paid tax at a later date did not stop the influence of results for that season. After all that could have caused a manager his job or a team to be relegated.

Surely celtic should also be docked a second place for using an EBT. The fact that they paid tax at a later date did not stop the influence of results for that season. After all that could have caused a manager his job or a team to be relegated.

As far as I understand it, nobody should be docked anything for using an EBT. It's the use of dual contracts that could potentially bring about stripping of titles.

If they can't prove that our players had dual contracts as part of the paperwork of the EBTs then they can't touch us under their rules, (other than by trumping up another disrepute charge or something similar). If they try to strip trophies on the basis that the players received cash non-contractually, then there are a million and one other schemes that would have to be looked into, many of which are commonly used throughout European football.

Of course, if we waive our right to appeal their decision, they can hold their kangaroo court and make any baised, unfair judgement they pass stick.

Will they be docked anything for harbouring a 'criminal' of the most disgusting kind for the years that they did? Why did they do it? In the words of their own manager at the time 'to save the club's name'. Why was that stance necessary in their eyes? The club would have lost their 'integrity' (?!!) had the news got out and they would have potentially lost sponsorship, season tickets, players, and possiblly THE ABILITY TO ATTRACT PLAYERS. So does harbouring criminals for the benefit of your team during that period pass the 'integrity' barometer?

All this shit from the poison dwarf,a man who was himself investigated for income tax evasion earlier.

Not a word from the PAPErs about that though eh!

You really could'nt make this shit up.

I still don't get how titles should be stripped even if found guilty. What is the actual crime? That we mistakenly, and with good cause, didn't fill a form in properly to do with players wages as we did not consider them contracts? Where is the advantage and where is the cheating? How is it tangibly detrimental to the other clubs? How did it affect the outcomes?

Does that mean any titles can be stripped for paperwork that is not 100% perfect? What do we strip from the SFA for breaking their own rules? They tried to apply a sanction that wasn't in their power - that WOULD be detrimental to one club and give other clubs an advantage. That IS basically cheating and yet they want to go ahead with it anyway.

Rangers are at most, possibly guilty of an accounting mistake, and yet that is somehow a million times worse... And the SFA had ten years to point it out - it was in the accounts submitted to them.

Should Celtic be stripped of the 2008 title due to a mistake on their paperwork about the Japanese tour which actually affected the outcome of the league?

Where do we draw the line on the paperwork, which flaws mean you forfeit the title and which don't?

The only way to deal with this is to NEVER, NEVER, NEVER say yes to the SFA's wishes that we agree not to take disputes to the Court. This would certainly have the effect of them being a little cagier in their actions.

On the subject, I'm not really sure if the request to forego our basic rights is legal in the first case. I'm also not sure if the present transfer embargo is either - given that, on the advice of their lawyers, UEFA have dropped their plans in that direction. Also, the SFA are still reneging on the the deliberation from the Court of Session.

We can't acquiesce to this - I fear the floodgates would open. No authority or person should be above the law of the European Union or the law of the land.

My opinion is that we should play hardball. Regan wouldn't dare disallow is into Scottish football because we failed to sign our legal rights away. It's too much of a minefield for the SFA. They would be demanding unfair conditions on one member Club therefore advantaging another. Also disadvantaging EU employees.

I can see us taking the SFA to Court again - or at least I'd like to see us doing it, because this witch hunt has now gone beyond the pale.

If it means not getting a license so be it. I'd still support the Club financially - as would many others I suspect. I wouldn't mind buying a season ticket if there was no football.

If Scotland don't want us, let's go elsewhere.

We are really not in wrong - don't believe the hype.

This is an orchestrated lynching - along with a perfect storm of of other interests clashing.

Edited by bluebear54