You may be missing the fact McCoist is being. Asked to, effectively, put a squad together to win Div 3 AND 2. If we get promoted he has to go through the first half of NEXT season with the same players !!!

We'd also have a season and a half to focus on scouting and recruiting some quality under 18's though.

We'd also have a season and a half to focus on scouting and recruiting some quality under 18's though.

That part I won't disagree with.... But can we financially afford to gamble with non-promotion?

Don't try to suggest fans should "never come back" - what a horrible statement to a loyal fan.

Let us not forgt that Stewart Regan himself has said that RFC in Div 3 is "Armageddon". He is now effectively trying to cripple our progress ven further with this embargo.

There is absolutely no doubt that if the SFA continue with this then they are not fit for purpose. And watch, SPL clubs in admin may eek sue the SFA for gross negligence of duties.

We support Rangers, not the SFA. If they want to cripple us then walking away just lets them win, the club will only die/remain in obscurity if the fans give up.

No problem at all with people saying things in frustration and anger, hell that happens in general life regularly never mind with all this rubbish.

But my stance is the club needs us more than ever, and i'm not comfortable with people abandoning Rangers only to come back at a later date when things are rosier. In other words they should be no turning back.

No, but we don't need Aluko standard or anywhere near it for Division 2.

True, but the Rangers name will only go so far in Div 2 too.

We should not be accepting a sanction that the real courts of the land have deemed illegal. I for one, on principle, would pay an ST if we were suspended for refusing the embargo !

That part I won't disagree with.... But can we financially afford to gamble with non-promotion?

Of course not. If the rumors are to be believed, we've been quite active in seeking senior players to sign in the event that we're able to do so.

As long as we can bring in enough bodies between now and the end of the transfer window we should be OK.

True, but the Rangers name will only go so far in Div 2 too.

We should not be accepting a sanction that the real courts of the land have deemed illegal. I for one, on principle, would pay an ST if we were suspended for refusing the embargo !

I wouldn't, I want to fight but i'm not prepared for us to die fighting.

Suspension is something a club our size could not survive, IMO anyway.

We support Rangers, not the SFA. If they want to cripple us then walking away just lets them win, the club will only die/remain in obscurity if the fans give up.

No problem at all with people saying things in frustration and anger, hell that happens in general life regularly never mind with all this rubbish.

But my stance is the club needs us more than ever, and i'm not comfortable with people abandoning Rangers only to come back at a later date when things are rosier. In other words they should be no turning back.

Ian just made a quote out of emotion that he could never have meant. This thing is getting to all of us but we have to remember, together we are strong but divided we fall.

Look at it this way. I have been going to Ibrox since 1967. Bought my first season ticket in 1978 when I started working and gave it up 3 years ago because I was bored with the rubbish that was the SPL and with the negative play on the park. I can certainly not be accused of being a glory hunter or a traitor. I will be buying a season ticket next year, as close to the guy that I sold mine to as I can get. It works both ways. People do what they think is right.

Is the gulf that big?

It's also worth noting in the Division 2 season we can make additions as soon as the summer window closes, free agents will be hanging about, we may even be able to make verbal agreements for them to wait those few weeks.

Plus we can sign under 18s all the way throughout this.

if john Brown said that you would slaughter him.