He's probably half serious half joking. I'd take him. We can't afford to be chosey now. He's a big personality too and would be great around the dressing room for the young guys. He wasn't a bad player and could pick a pass out

If he had been retired 2-3 seasons then its a non starter but if a guy who has only stopped playing at a high level for 12 months is willing to come and play for free then its a no brainer, we take him. He could easily sit in the middle of the park and dicate play for an hour or so.

The team that we need this season has to include good experience like McCulloch or a Savage type player to assist the youngsters on.

I would suggest Savage is a bit tongue in cheek with this comments but if anything came of it he probably would still play. Its certainly not as far fetched as getting Albertz and Mols out of retirement.

:facepalm:

The guy is a grade 'A' dick,ffs we can get better than that tosser,no thanks ya choob

We can get better?

Like who? People need to wake up and smell the coffee!

I'd have taken him in the SPL never mind a semi pro league

We can get better?

he's just wanting the publicity IMO, don't think he ever said many kind words for us in the past and always sided with the scum. He's not played for a year and in this occasion i'd rather see us playing a youngster/s that will improve with game time than play the likes of him.

Edited by johnnyk

We can get better?

I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee, you honestly want a 37 year old has-been to play in our squad who has been out of football for over a year? You may as well just put our young players out of their misery then. Because if we can't trust them in the 3rd division along side the likes of Ian black etc then they have no chance. It would be the ultimate kick in the teeth to these players.

I agree. While I think he could probably do a job in the 3rd div, this stinks of a pr stunt and he'd probably be playing for free because there would be a tv camera following his every move for a new reality tv programme or it would be for a new book or something.

FFS this is the best chance we'll ever have of nurturing a team of youngsters for the future. No has-beens please or we are just going back to square one!