Ramsden Cup Live

Stewarty -

"That doesn't even make sense. See my post above. Criticism of the team and ally are NOT what is required at this time. Whatever your views on the team, save it for now please."

someone locked the other thread so i will take this chance to reply to you. you asked if i fell asleep in february, i asked if our problems were post feb, which of course they were not and constructive criticism is relevant at any point. whatever ally is doing, it clearly isnt working and hasnt done for over a year now

Niel, you deal with your problems and Ally will deal with his.

its our first competitive game of the season the team/club have not had a pre-season batch of games to iron out the rough edges and give credit to brechin and a special word to their groundsman for that pitch it held up as well as any pitch ive seen .

Brechin deserve a lot of credit for giving us a tough game. They're not a great team, but they made it extremely difficult for us by closing us down quickly and defending extremely well for most of the 120+ mins.

We have to remember that much more than the SPL teams - who are familiar with this scenario, we'll face cup finals for quite some time now. Not us, but our opponents. Sure we should manage these encounters, but it will not always be open-flowing and attractive football. Do assume that once we got the beating of a team, we will hit more than the 2 today. In any case, it will steel our youngsters to come up against such stubborn sides, prove themselves and learn.

We have to remember that much more than the SPL teams - who are familiar with this scenario, we'll face cup finals for quite some time now. Not us, but our opponents. Sure we should manage these encounters, but it will not always be open-flowing and attractive football. Do assume that once we got the beating of a team, we will hit more than the 2 today. In any case, it will steel our youngsters to come up against such stubborn sides, prove themselves and learn.

When in the past 5 years have we been playing attractive football?