Transfer thread - OFFICIAL!! David Templeton signs 4 year deal

I'd rather we signed the young Argentinian lad Celeste than the Swedish player Larsson because the pedigree of the Argentinian youngster is far better and I think we'd be getting a better football player.

Aston Villa Defender Alan Hutton Interested In Sensational Move Back To Third Division Rangers

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/23/aston-villa-defender-alan-hutton-interested-in-sensational-move-back-to-third-division-rangers/

No problem with you posting the story mate, but that website is awful for so-called transfer stories.

I'd rather we signed the young Argentinian lad Celeste than the Swedish player Larsson because the pedigree of the Argentinian youngster is far better and I think we'd be getting a better football player.

One's a winger other's a striker, doubt it's either or.

Regarding Larsson ... proceed this debate with caution. I for one wouldn't be surprised if this is a press-made-story to a) raise our hopes and keep us reading, b) bash us if "he declines" a move to the "disgraced former champions" (who probably doesn't know of any interest) and c) have him snatched up by our "friends" from across the city right under our noses.

... well:

- 2 year deal and wage higher than Malmö's (he'd be 26 and young enough for call-ups)

- be closer to the EPL and Championship and on SKY / ESPN as well

- become a club legend for simply signing up

... can see positives, but is this likely? Is Malmö still involved in Europe?

I think if we are paying higher wages than Malmo for internationalists while playing in D3, we are failing in fiscal management. I appreciate the need to build for D2 as well, but even so there's simply no need.

Well, I have no clue what they are paying in Sweden. We apparently pay even our top new earners (bar any "luggage" from last season) about a quarter of previous years. That should and would make a huge difference, notwithstanding the fact thet the first team squad size is pretty low. We'll know in 12 months time whether we work on a financially sound basis, so far, we have only spend money in wages and re-couped some cash in transfers-out. From what I gather, Green et al will have talked to McCoist about this at length and signing someone for a low fee is not out of order.