Transfer thread - OFFICIAL!! David Templeton signs 4 year deal

What is equally staggering is that there is only a handful I would have wanted to keep.

Hopefully present and future forays into the transfer market will be more successful.

Only two of them could be considered as going on to better (not bigger) things...Jelavic and Naismith. Southampton will get relegated.

Davie Weir, Nikica Jelavic, Jordan McMillan, Thomas Kind Bendiksen, Gregg Wylde, Mervan Celik, Stevie Naismith, Steven Whittaker, Allan McGregor, Steve Davis, Kyle Lafferty, Sasa Papac, Sone Aluko, Kyle Bartley, John Fleck, Juan Ortiz, Jamie Ness, Rhys McCabe, David Healy, Salim Kerkar, Alejandro Bedoya, Grant Adam and Dorin Goian.

23 first team players that have left since January.

Those players could really have been nailing down a first team spot with us rather than going on to become bit part players for much, much smaller clubs.

Those players could really have been nailing down a first team spot with us rather than going on to become bit part players for much, much smaller clubs.

In fairness when McMillan left in January he still wasn't getting games despite impressing a couple of times for the first team.

Had some feedback on the argentine and the aussie boys. The Boca lad has been involved with the reserves. He's meant to be quick and is tipped to have a big future. The Aussie lad is apparently a goal scoring midfielder and had he still been in Australia he would now be an A league player.

So sounds like there's a couple of good players there. Hope they are good enough to win deals with us.

From reports I've babelfished on the Argentinian lad it seems like he could potentially be a really good investment. One in particular went more than a little OTT in praise of the kid while comparing his skillset to Christiano Ronaldo. He appears to have been a key player at youth level for Boca, earning a number of international caps at various youth levels. Strange that we're even getting a sniff at him tbh.

From reports I've babelfished on the Argentinian lad it seems like he could potentially be a really good investment. One in particular went more than a little OTT in praise of the kid while comparing his skillset to Christiano Ronaldo. He appears to have been a key player at youth level for Boca, earning a number of international caps at various youth levels. Strange that we're even getting a sniff at him tbh.

Being an Argentine youth international up to the age of I think 18 is impressive. Suggests he has got something about him. Boca are known for promoting youth so maybe he just doesn't feel he's going to get in under the current coach there. But someone who I'm told is fast,skilful and has a big future sounds like a real find to me. If signed I think massive credit to the scouting team for throwing the net out so far and plucking a reserve player out. Could be the flair we are after.

Being an Argentine youth international up to the age of I think 18 is impressive. Suggests he has got something about him. Boca are known for promoting youth so maybe he just doesn't feel he's going to get in under the current coach there. But someone who I'm told is fast,skilful and has a big future sounds like a real find to me. If signed I think massive credit to the scouting team for throwing the net out so far and plucking a reserve player out. Could be the flair we are after.

One thought that crossed my mind was Coisty's trip over there last summer. I think I can remember him commenting that a couple of younger players who weren't quite the finished article had caught his eye. If that's the case for this lad and the trial was arranged some time ago, I just hope our current predicament doesn't get in the way of a deal being done.

Hearing from a reliable source that we're interesting in signing Tuncay (who is currently a free agent after leaving Wolfsburg)....

30 year old attacking midfielder / striker recently released by Wolfsburg.

On his game he is a very good player but I fear he hasn't been on form a whole lot in recent years.

However, if it is true he would be a sensational signing for Div 3.

30 year old attacking midfielder / striker recently released by Wolfsburg.

On his game he is a very good player but I fear he hasn't been on form a whole lot in recent years.

However, if it is true he would be a sensational signing for Div 3.

His inconsistency and injury record would explain why he's still a free agent.

FWIW, I'm doubting this link but it's worth some discussion given we lack creative options.