Transfer thread - OFFICIAL!! David Templeton signs 4 year deal

Templeton would have been a good buy in the SPL, cant see him joining us in Div 3. On his day he is a wing wizard!

He tore Whittaker a new one at Ibrox on opening day of last season. Really looked the part. Would take him in a heartbeat !

I'll be damned, finch! Of course. Obvious when you know, given the similarities between the languages. I wonder why, then, fink became a term of mild abuse in early 20th century America?

May be this...

The consensus is that it comes from German student slang. Fink here is the German word for finch. In the nineteenth century, students who were not members of a college fraternity were called finks, perhaps because they were considered to be wild birds, uncaged or undomesticated. Later it became modified to refer to somebody poorly regarded, “not one of us”. An alternative German source sometimes suggested lies in one of the insulting slang terms Dreckfink, Schmierfink, or Schmutzfink, all terms for a low, dirty person.

Dorin Goian has vowed to return to Rangers once his loan spell with Italian Serie B club Spezia is over, claiming he only quit the Irn-Bru Third Division ide to salvage his World Cup dream.

Goian told the Daily Record: "In 10 months I'll be back to Glasgow. I am in Italy for one year for a loan and that's it.

"When it's over I'll have my contract with Rangers again and I hope something is going to change and I'll get the chance to play in the SPL again with Rangers."

Dorin Goian has vowed to return to Rangers once his loan spell with Italian Serie B club Spezia is over, claiming he only quit the Irn-Bru Third Division ide to salvage his World Cup dream.

Goian told the Daily Record: "In 10 months I'll be back to Glasgow. I am in Italy for one year for a loan and that's it.

"When it's over I'll have my contract with Rangers again and I hope something is going to change and I'll get the chance to play in the SPL again with Rangers."

He obviously never heard Mr Ogilvie this morning.

BTW ... An alternative German source sometimes suggested lies in one of the insulting slang terms Dreckfink, Schmierfink, or Schmutzfink, all terms for a low, dirty person.

With these you usually address 1 to 10 year old kids. But back to the topic. Very quiet on the trialists we had last week.