Radu Baicu‏@rbaicu

Goian's agent: "He'll sign a new deal with #Rangers in the next few days. He's definitely staying put!".

Retweeted by Graeme Macpherson

Great to see commitment like that, and hopefully he can rediscover his form from the early part of last season. If only the 'Rangers fans' in the squad last year showed similar commitment.

great commitment but I thought he was poor most of last season and dreadful yesterday, slow to react to anything, cost the goal and made other mistakes. I was hoping he would leave as he is on big wages and we could replace him with better IMO.

He's on 900k a year, roughly 17k a week. I would assume he will not drop under Black's wage.

Methinks yesterday was the first competitive game for him and he's been back for a week or the like? He and Bocanegra - despite being rather "old" - complemented each other quite well last season. We'll have to see what happens when Boca leaves, which will most likely happen sooner rather than later. Perhaps Broadfoot is reverted to CB, or Perry and Hegarty get their chance. I would assume that McCoist will, for the time being, keep old hands in the squad, so that the campaign is in "safe" hands at the start.

He's on 900k a year, roughly 17k a week. I would assume he will not drop under Black's wage.

Methinks yesterday was the first competitive game for him and he's been back for a week or the like? He and Bocanegra - despite being rather "old" - complemented each other quite well last season. We'll have to see what happens when Boca leaves, which will most likely happen sooner rather than later. Perhaps Broadfoot is reverted to CB, or Perry and Hegarty get their chance. I would assume that McCoist will, for the time being, keep old hands in the squad, so that the campaign is in "safe" hands at the start.

I think if we sign Robbie Neilson we will see Broadfoot revert to centre half and it will be him Perry and Goian to choose from for a pairing.