If he stays he better get his finger out, he could not have tried less yesterday if he tried.

Back for a week, no competitive game so far, and up against lads who tried to have their Shot at Glory. A mediocre pre-season friendly at best. We had that before and will have this again. I'll be worried if he's showing the same appetite in 4 weeks time.

Back for a week, no competitive game so far, and up against lads who tried to have their Shot at Glory. A mediocre pre-season friendly at best. We had that before and will have this again. I'll be worried if he's showing the same appetite in 4 weeks time.

Agree mate but he was very poor yesterday, his play was bad but his attitue was of a guy that knew he was leaving Dont get me wrong if he stays he should walk Div3 but ill need to get up for this level.

Edited by CumbernauldGers

I was happy enough to see a team out on the park. There were quite a few who looked below par but on a plus note McKay and Mcleod did well. Im looking forward to seeing the youngsters develop over the coming season. Im am pretty confident we have a few players in the making in the youth Ranks.

STV Article quoting Goian

Rangers defender Dorin Goian has confirmed he is happy to stay at the club after returning for the start of the Ramsden’s Cup campaign.

The 31-year-old was tipped to depart Ibrox after the transfer to a new company run by Charles Green but, after witnessing the thousands of fans who made the trip to Brechin on Sunday, has said he will be happy to remain and play in the bottom rung of the Scottish game.

Speaking to the Scottish Sun, the Romanian stopper described the liquidation of the old Rangers company as “unbelievable”.

Goian said: “I didn’t think when I came here that a big club, with all its history, could be in this situation. But on Sunday, when I saw all our supporters coming to the game to see the team, that was incredible.

“I played on Sunday and have to admit now there is a real possibility I will stay here. I suppose it depends on what Charles Green wants but right now I have not spoken with anyone.

“I have said it before, if a concrete offer comes in for me then maybe I would leave but I have had offers and none of them interested me. Right now I am a Rangers player and happy to be one.

“I am being paid by Rangers so I will be doing everything I can for the team.

“Clubs in Europe and back home in Romania have contacted me, but their offers didn’t interest me. I have another two years on my contract and my family like it in Scotland.”

STV ... they can't let it rest, apparently ...

Speaking to the Scottish Sun, the Romanian stopper described the liquidation of the old Rangers company as “unbelievable”.

Goian said: “I didn’t think when I came here that a big club, with all its history, could be in this situation. But on Sunday, when I saw all our supporters coming to the game to see the team, that was incredible.

Dear reporters!

Goian did not say a word about the "liquidation"* nor a word on "the old Rangers company". Just stop twisting words and move on!

*Which liquidation, BTW?

STV ... they can't let it rest, apparently ...

Dear reporters!

Goian did not say a word about the "liquidation"* nor a word on "the old Rangers company". Just stop twisting words and move on!

*Which liquidation, BTW?

As long as they say the old Rangers company then they're more or less correct. Or will be when it's actually liquidated (but that's pretty much inevitable).

The original Rangers club is still going strong.

And we have a new Rangers company.

EDIT: Sorry - just realised you're pointing out they misquoted him. That is out-of-line.

STV have been pretty reasonable in their coverage so far, I thought.

Edited by Thinker
apology

Sounds like he's TUPEd into a better wage than he can get elsewhere and at 31 is willing to just run the contract down.

The cynical in me says that the most probable reasons for players leaving is a better contract or better competition elsewhere while the one's that stay have realised they will earn more here.