Ibrox Stadium - The Future

Just wanted to gather opinion/ start a discussion on our stadium and what the future holds for Ibrox.

I am sure many will be aware of celtic propaganda that our stadium has a high running cost (any one got a reference to exact figures?)

I realise Craig Whyte made some cosmetic changes to the interior of the ground a long with replacing the TVs, my question is how long can Ibrox in its current form continue to be fit for purpose? Would we save money in the long term by redeveloping?

Does anyone think we could move?

Would anyone like to move?

What would be an ideal scenario moving forward?

We should never move from Ibrox. It is the heart and soul of Rangers IMO. On a practical front, the stadium is perfect for our needs tbh so we should maximise what is already there. Some general TLC on an annual basis should be fine starting with the the cleaning and blasting of the main facade. I couldn't help but notice that it was looking a wee bit under loved on a recent visit. Maybe done in time for our return to the top??

of course it is fit for purpose, if anything i think it needs improved.

not sure about saving money redeveloping, we could certainly make money if we increase capacity.

we probably could move but fans would be against that i imagine

i dont want to move, i want to increase capacity, i want the biggest club ground in the country, not having it is embarrassing. we claim to be a big club yet our ground is dwarfed by a smaller club, explain?

ideal scenario, improve product on the park, lower ticket prices, improve our public relations and increase capacity by at least 15000

Edited by kuznetsov

Just wanted to gather opinion/ start a discussion on our stadium and what the future holds for Ibrox.

I am sure many will be aware of celtic propaganda that our stadium has a high running cost (any one got a reference to exact figures?)

I realise Craig Whyte made some cosmetic changes to the interior of the ground a long with replacing the TVs, my question is how long can Ibrox in its current form continue to be fit for purpose? Would we save money in the long term by redevelopin

Does anyone think we could move?

Would anyone like to move?

What would be an ideal scenario moving forward?

Moving from Ibrox is a non starter from me. It is a huge part of our identity.

of course it is fit for purpose, if anything i think it needs improved.

not sure about saving money redeveloping, we could certainly make money if we increase capacity.

we probably could move but fans would be against that i imagine

i dont want to move, i want to increase capacity, i want the biggest club ground in the country, not having it is embarrassing. we claim to be a big club yet our ground is dwarfed by a smaller club, explain?

ideal scenario, improve product on the park, lower ticket prices, improve our public relations and increase capacity by at least 15000

Hey mate sorry I don't get that statement.

I do however think the stadium is starting to show its age a little.

On a different note I would like to see Rangers manage the tickets(public sale) for the coming season so that the lower tiers are sold first,

therefore creating an atmosphere for less attended games.

Hey mate sorry I don't get that statement.

I do however think the stadium is starting to show its age a little.

On a different note I would like to see Rangers manage the tickets(public sale) for the coming season so that the lower tiers are sold first,

therefore creating an atmosphere for less attended games.

it is fit for purpose, it has seats, it is maintained, it is safe, it is open and it is used, so in that respect it is fit for the purpose of playing football in it. what i meant by improving it is what you said there, it is looking a bit dated, it needs brought into the 21st century, celtic took a new 60000 seater arena into the new millenium, what did we do? as a club we stagnated.

i completely agree abotu the lower tiers, i have actually contacted the club about this before, but got no reply, tickets are sold on a computer, they are all numbered, it would be very easy to do. i also want visiting fans out of sight form the camera filming the matches. that corner with away fans and empty seats all round it is horrific and embarrassing. most big clubs have away fans up in a far corner of a stand out the way of cameras, why not us?

it is fit for purpose, it has seats, it is maintained, it is safe, it is open and it is used, so in that respect it is fit for the purpose of playing football in it. what i meant by improving it is what you said there, it is looking a bit dated, it needs brought into the 21st century, celtic took a new 60000 seater arena into the new millenium, what did we do? as a club we stagnated.

i completely agree abotu the lower tiers, i have actually contacted the club about this before, but got no reply, tickets are sold on a computer, they are all numbered, it would be very easy to do. i also want visiting fans out of sight form the camera filming the matches. that corner with away fans and empty seats all round it is horrific and embarrassing. most big clubs have away fans up in a far corner of a stand out the way of cameras, why not us?

Agreed.

I do hope Rangers are clever when selling tickets this year for games that attract 20,000 we should be filling the lower tiers.