the ghost of David Murray.

The Ghost Of David Murray

The Sunday Mail reports today that a friend of Craig Whyteâ??s â?? Jim Park â?? has been hired as a consultant at Rangers.

The response from Rangers is that they did not know of Parkâ??s Craig Whyte connection.

Surely they are aware of the Craig Whyte connection of Joe Dwek, who is a big player at Zeus Capital? Especially when Zeus Capital people are directors of Rangers.

Joe Dwek was chairman of Worthington Group PLC, a company which Liberty Capital has shareholdings in, along with Regenesis Holdings, who also happen to be run by Craig Whyteâ??s friends.

Are you following? Because chasing Jessica Ennis around would be easier than trying to keep up with the Scarlet Pimpernel a.k.a . Craig Whyte.

Or Craig White as he is sometimes known.

Which brings us back to Jim Park.

Mr Park is loathed by former employees of his at Powwow, the water cooler firm he acquired and subsequently flushed away.

But he also owned a firm called Murray White, based in Glasgow, which is a debt-collection firm.

I know of someone who claims to have worked for the company a few years back and he is adamant that it was well known in Murray White that the real owners were David Murray and a guy called Craig White. Or was it Whyte?

Thereâ??s a lot of talk of such doing the rounds and, if it is true, it leaves a certain David Murray with a lot to answer for in regard to his â??I was dupedâ? statement.

Because it would prove he did indeed know Craig Whyte/White prior to his selling the club to him.

Jim Park is also a friend of Craig Whyteâ??s dad, Tom. He is the man â??soldâ? to Rangers fans as a bluenose. Now he might like the Gers but he is also known to another football team in the SPL as one of their fans, so much so he was a season ticket holder.

I recently blogged on the possibility that Craig Whyte is still involved at Ibrox through Zeus Capital and Blue Pitch Holdings. His SFA-imposed ban on being a director at any football club does not, as far as I am aware, preclude him from being an investor or shareholder, directly or indirectly through a front.

The way it would work is that he would take the money from Rangers while there and re-circulate it back â?? say through Zeus â?? and buy into Sevco. Itâ??s done all the time.

Is this what happened? I donâ??t know but Rangers have a chance to prove myself and others like Bomber wrong that Craig Whyte/White is no longer involved in ANY way with the club. Prove, not say, that is.

Is it possible that Craig Whyte is still actually pulling the strings at Ibrox through a series of front men and front companies?

Some may question Craig Whyte/Whiteâ??s ability to pull off such a convoluted move. He is not JR Ewing enough, it may be thought.

But do we know anybody who could be?

The prospect of Craig Whyte pulling the strings behind the scenes at Rangers will chill the blood of every bluenose.

But what if someone is pulling HIS strings?

What if the ghost of a certain David Murray is still over the club?

Is it true that David Murray and Craig Whyte knew each other and even had a business connection prior to their deal over Rangers FC? I couldnâ??t possibly comment.

Is it true that either Whyte/White or Murray still has an interest in Rangers?

If so, the repercussions of that will surely pull the whole of Scottish football down.

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/201...-david-murray/

A CLOSE friend of shamed former Rangers owner Craig Whyte has been hired by the new Ibrox owners to find investors, we can reveal.

Twice-bankrupt Jim Park - who has been a director of a series of failed firms - has been hired as a consultant at Rangers.

And the 58-year-old has been helping to introduce potential investors to new owner Charles Green.

Park joined Green, 59, in the directors’ box for the club’s first match against Brechin City on Sunday. But last night a Rangers insider said that Green was now considering Park’s involvement after the Sunday Mail revealed his Whyte links.

Yesterday, a club source said: “Park has been working with Rangers as a consultant in the past few months since the new regime took over. He’s been talking to the top people at the club and introducing potential investors.”

Another source said: “The Whyte connection was not known to us until today.”

Park, who lives in Dumbarton, said: “I haven’t got a role yet with Rangers. I was speaking to investors on the board but I don’t have a role there.

“I have met with the investment team who own the club a couple of times but I don’t have any role and I don’t have any role going forward either.”

Park is a lifelong friend of Whyte’s dad Tom, 65, is close to his son, and was seen at the Glasgow office of the family-owned debt collection firm.

He also often travels on business to the Monaco tax haven where Whyte has a luxury home.

The Sunday Mail last month revealed that brazen Whyte - who plunged the stricken Ibrox club into liquidation with debts of up to £140million - was behind new debt collection firm Credit Control Services.

When he was asked about being an associate of Whyte and meeting him in Monaco, Park said:

“I have no business with Craig Whyte at all. Absolutely none. “

Park was personally bankrupted last year (2011) following his earlier sequestration in 1992.

Park has held 74 directorships with firms throughout Scotland, including debt recovery and call centres - nearly all of which have been wound-up.

His Glasgow-based debt collection firm Murray White is in liquidation and his company PowWow Water Co Ltd, which supplied drinking fountains, is in administration.

Whyte bought debt-stricken Rangers by secretly using loans against future season ticket sales.

He the plunged the club into administration for failing to pay tax during his reign.

Following the club’s eventual liquidation by HM Revenue & Customs, the assets were sold to Green who has denied any Whyte involvement.

A Rangers spokesman said: “Mr Park is not an employee, director or investor in Rangers and we would not wish to comment further. Craig Whyte is not involved in Rangers in any way.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...-green-1220783

rangers spokesmen denied lots of Sunday mail stories last year. indeed they banned k Jackson after one.

so let's take what we do know and just say Mr green could do with picking his advisors a bit better.

Edited by the gunslinger

Guest Dutchy

As far as I'm concerned, there's a police investigation into all these shananigans, but given the state of buisness law in this country, no matter what's found out, no one will get done, as they've probably not broken any laws.

Lets just make sure Whyte is out of the whole picture when they make their cash and feck off. For good!

rangers spokesmen denied lots of Sunday mail stories last year. indeed they banned k Jackson after one.

so let's take what we do know and just say Mr green could do with picking his advisors a bit better.

Those were last season's Rangers "spokesmen". Much like players, people and personal change.

IMHO a non-story whipped up to keep the hysteria levels up. But our usual suspects will be at it, no doubt.