Gers in for Brown and Thomson?

We do still need a big commanding centre half though. I still think we missed out when we chose not to go for Webster.

Problem PLG has though is that if he buys a centre half, we've currently got Papac, Svensson, J-Rod & Hemdani, so you'd effectively be telling one of those guys they've not got much of a future here.

There's a rumour in the press that J-Rod is to be moved on. That makes sense as he wasn't brought here by PLG and he's been around for a while without showing any signs that he's right for us.

There will be many rumours between now and january 31 but i would go with this one to make way for a centre half with a bit more conviction in attacking the ball with head and foot.

see if we splashed the cash, think how good a midfield we could have

picking from

burke (if we pay him enuf to stay)

brown

ferguson

clement

adam

thomson

notice how well balanced that cud be with both right and left footers plus attacking and defensive guys n all

gotta be worth the cash, midfields win games

I would go with that. I watched the highlights of the Hibs game yesterday and thought Brown was outstanding. He seemed to play on the left a lot which would suit us perfectly. From what i have seen of him i would put him a few classes higher than Adam. His one-touch passing and vision for a through ball looked impressive.

Id just go for Brown alone and not Thompson or do these 2 HAVE to come as a pair or something? Im also with Ian on this, id rather get a solid centre half in. Then Hemdani can move back into midfield and be defensive cover when required.

Then we can choose from

Ferguson

Brown

Hemdani

Clement

Sionko

Burke

Adam

Buffel

But its useless having that amount of midfielders if we continue to not play a system that doesnt accommodate them. I dont like to use Celtic as an example but look how organised there midfield was last night and at half time they brought on Jarosik and Maloney which didnt disrupt the system.