Gers in for Brown and Thomson?

In the Metro today collins laughs at rangers £3mill attempt move for the pair. Saying there are possible premiership teams and Celtic of course also after them and we (rangers), where trying to do the sneaky by putting in early bids. To be honest can't see us paying £2-3mill each for them. I'd be sad to see them at the other half of the City.

For the above post Brown's contract runs out 2009 and Thomson 2010

No manager in his right mind would accept the first offer before the window opens. Putting in an offer like that is ok on january 28 if no one has toned any interest. I would be disappointed if our manager accepted such an offer.

Three million for both is more like it. I always think that the starting point for what club thinks their player's worth is, is what's left of his wages on his contract. That makes them worth less than £200,000 each...

The are on £1200 a week each till 2009 and 2010.

Our negotiating will be stronger when the players realise they are being blocked from a 1000% payrise and don't want to play anymore...

I think the compromise will be half what Hibs are claiming for.

Yip, its obviously just a starting point. The worrying thing though is that it looks like we can't afford 1M, let alone the 3M which looks more like a realistic bargaining point.

Unless PLG moves someone like Buffel on, I can see us missing out on these guys unless they really want to come to Ibrox and we go for them next summer maybe.

IMO i don't think we should be spending that kind of money on these players, i honestly believe if we get our defence sorted out we would be a far better side, so for me the money, if we have any should be spent on centre half

Guest fozzy_bear

see if we splashed the cash, think how good a midfield we could have

picking from

burke (if we pay him enuf to stay)

brown

ferguson

clement

adam

thomson

notice how well balanced that cud be with both right and left footers plus attacking and defensive guys n all

gotta be worth the cash, midfields win games

see if we splashed the cash, think how good a midfield we could have

picking from

burke (if we pay him enuf to stay)

brown

ferguson

clement

adam

thomson

notice how well balanced that cud be with both right and left footers plus attacking and defensive guys n all

gotta be worth the cash, midfields win games

Aye, you're right to an extent, however if the mdifield is being missed out, ie a big lump up the park or corners & set pieces and your defence can't deal with it, it doesn't matter who you've got in midfield, nah! IMO we should spend what cash we have for defenders,[ centre half].