Gers in for Brown and Thomson?

Hope there is truth to that Pete. Boyd has repeatedly said he'd be happy finishing his career here and maybe more of the same is what we are needing

It has been stated many times by the media. If we can trust them is the another story. They normally know things like that though.

Im honestly not keen in taken SPL players. The percentage of SPL players who have been a success after moving to the old firm must be pretty low.

As i said earlier they would need to step another few levels after joining us. Hibs have a good base of midfield with those 2 and Stewart but why are they 6th in the SPL?

I wouldnt disagree with the statement that a small part of our downfall in recent seasons is due to signing SPL players.

Apparently Bain started talks with Hib yesterday. John Collins basically came out and said the players were worth 2-3M each which prompted this from their agent:

He said: "It was with some interest I noted John's comments. I'm certainly not about to argue with someone so knowledgeable when it comes down to the value of a football player.

"After all, there are surely not many people more qualified to assess such matters than someone with John's talent, wisdom and vast experience.

"But it does make you stop and think. If Kevin and Scott are worth £2m or even £3m each, as John himself says, then why are Hibs paying them buttons?

"That's the question I've been asking myself ever since I became their representative and why I've repeatedly been asking Rod Petrie to sit down with me and discuss the matter.

"The players are in no rush to leave Hibs - they are more than happy to stay - but let's get real here, it's time the club rewarded them properly.

"They cannot say on one hand they are multi-million pound players so as to frighten off other clubs and then on the other pay them the wages of players worth £250,000.

"I hope now that John has made it clear how highly the club values Kevin and Scott, Rod will now agree the time has come for us to talk."

I wonder when their contracts are up? By the sound of things, if we had the cash available, we could probably get in there early and get at least one of them signed.

they are still contracted for a long while, apparently. i remember reading that big tony m's legacy to hibs was getting all the promising youngsters tied up on long contracts.

Why doesn't DM give us one last leaving present and dig deep for the fees to buy this pair? Give us something positive from this season to get the fans excited about. We can but dream.

DM could easily afford to drop a few million to the manager, after all he is a very wealthy man...........!!!!!!!!!!

I don't expect a penny from DM's pocket, he hasn't done it before (unless you count swapping cash for equity) and so I doubt he'll do it now.

What we need is for him to manage Rangers finances with a far more open mind. He single mindedly, wildly over borrowed and overspent due to a very unprofessional and naive "chasing [of] the dream", now he is single minded about eliminating the debt no matter how that affects the performance and success of the team.

He's done the Daddy Bear, now he's doing the Mummy bear, what we need is the Baby bear - everything just right...

He's a bit of a Thatcherite in that he swings too widly in financial decisions, thereby creating boom and bust.

To emulate the stable economy of today, we need many small pre-emptive changes and tweaks to our spending policies.