Now that we're off and running finally

Agree mate, but the normal suspects just cant handle any other view than Ally is god. Sad very sad.

Also, the idea that we should be ok dropping points against the level we are playing is shocking, but it's only because Ally is the manager.

I'm really not convinced you can be in an agreement with a post that seems to contradict your views on this thread? :confused:

Try debating with someone in a reasonable manner.

This whole "toys out the pram" when someone disagrees with you is tiresome.

So is the whole having a go at me mate. I have had enough of this guys petty responce, i have made my views on him clear and dont wish to debate anything with him. Is that clear enough?

So is the whole having a go at me mate. I have had enough of this guys petty responce, i have made my views on him clear and dont wish to debate anything with him. Is that clear enough?

Yes it is clear enough to me as I am sure it will be to calscot.

However, you cant demand that somebody doesnt reply to your posts because you dont want to debate with them. The only thing you can really do is not respond to whatever that person posts.

If you post you have to expect a response. That is what people do. If you only wanted to post your own opinion and not accept other's may disagree with you then it would be a forum with one member.

You should at least enter into the debate CG rather than going off on one. We all know you dont rate Ally, which is fair enough, but others either rate him or are prepared to at least give him some time, especially with what he has been through along with us. All that is happening here is that people disagree with you that he shouldnt be near the managers job if we drop that many points to Div 3 teams.

If we lose one game and draw 5 others we will have dropped 13 points in a season which, for us, against Div 3 teams, seems too many. However, as has been pointed out, we will face 30 Cup finals this season and we also have some youngsters playing for us too, and that is before, as amms says, we suffer injuries and suspensions (anyone who thinks that Black and big Jig will go suspension free is VERY optimistic) as well as the fact that we have a thin squad and may still lose players.

It is OK to say McCoist should be sacked if we drop that many points but, as yet, he has no idea what squad he will have. For example, he could lose the whole of last night's starting defence of Alexander, Broadfoot, Goian, Bocanegra and Wallace - and it could happen on the last day of the transfer window - and then what will he be left with ?? Perry, Hegarty, big Jig ?

The point is, there are still too many variables and we do have a thin squad which will be tested numbers wise when injuries kick in, which they will as the other teams will have a go and wont be afraid to take names, as well as suspensions.

If we start with the squad we had last night and can keep them fit and injury free I would say dropping 13 points would be too much - but you also have to consider that this isnt just about the manager - the players are internationals playing, effectively, pub football - they also need to be motivated. And the manager can only do so much of that for them. They need to want it themselves too.

What do you mean by "100% stuff" CG ? 100% positive ? I dont think that is the case. Look back the thread here and you will find that the majority arent unequivocally supporting McCoist, they are taking a "lets wait and see" approach. Which, in my own opinion, is a reasonable stance.

And, by the way, it isnt a one sided view by the mods. Go and look at what calscot posted in response to you. It wasnt personally insulting. he just said he wasnt surprised at your stance. You then told him to not reply as you "dont give a fuck about his opinion". Again, not personally insulting. All I did with my post was to try to advise you to post in the spirit of the forum, which is to debate something properly instead of taking the "dont reply to my posts" stance.

ALL of the members make this forum what it is. We, as moderators, enjoy the debate too as individuals and our job is to try and ensure that people post in the spirit of the forum, and part of that is to actually take part in the discussion and/or debate without taking that toys out of the pram approach.

As I said, the decision to stick around is yours alone to be made - you certainly didnt break any forum rules so you clearly dont have a warning for anything.

If you think the site is going downhill CG then that is a shame. But, just like Dutchy, nobody will be forced to stick around.

Agree mate, but the normal suspects just cant handle any other view than Ally is god. Sad very sad.

Also, the idea that we should be ok dropping points against the level we are playing is shocking, but it's only because Ally is the manager.

Super Ally is not a god, but he is the nearest thing we have to our own Super Hero.