Now that we're off and running finally

The job to do is win the league, you can't tell a manager he's sacked because he didn't win every game.

As i've said before, we can take decisions based on Ally's ability in the top flight when we actually get there.

Agree mate, but the normal suspects just cant handle any other view than Ally is god. Sad very sad.

Also, the idea that we should be ok dropping points against the level we are playing is shocking, but it's only because Ally is the manager.

Got to consider that end of season matches, after we've already (hopefully) secured the league championship would be a chance to experiment with new ideas, young players and may result in some defeats also. Such experimentation when already safe certainly shouldn't be held against him!

Agree mate, but the normal suspects just cant handle any other view than Ally is god. Sad very sad.

Can you name someone who thinks Ally is god? I doubt it. Most people are reasonable and call things as they are based on some kind of realistic expectations that they apply consistently, no matter who is the manager. You on the other hand, base it on whether you like someone or not and can't conceive that others don't do the same.

Also, the idea that we should be ok dropping points against the level we are playing is shocking, but it's only because Ally is the manager.

Like I said, some people apply the same expectations no matter who is the manager and it's based on realism and reason. Perfection is a ridiculous standard with which to judge others - and it's pretty obvious that you don't apply those kind of standards to yourself.

I think its very likely we will be facing teams who pack their defences and look to make things very narrow and compact. It is for this reason that I am quite pleased we have signed Kevin Kyle. Many criticise him but there is no doubt in my mind that someone of his physical stature will be very handy when it comes to the trickier ties we will have this season.

Yes unfortunately I think 'route-one' football will be required at times this season, hence Kyle. It won't be pretty but I suppose it's more important that we keep winning.

I'll add my voice to those saying winning every league game is unrealistic. Our first 11 is far stronger than the opposition but our squad is still small and we'll get injuries and suspensions in the course of the season. We'll play some matches with inexperienced young players and they are always vulnerable to 'off-days'. Ally seems to be buying quite wisely, bringing in experience, essential for any squad, as well as some guile which the squad lacked until very recently. But we'll certainly drop points in the course of the season, I'm certain of that.

Calscot for last time i dont give a fuck about what you think so dont reply to my post's, saves me reading your stuff.

Since you replied to my post this must be a candidate for weirdest post of the year. You really need to calm down, "mate", and get a bit of perspective.

Calscot for last time i dont give a fuck about what you think so dont reply to my post's, saves me reading your stuff.

Try debating with someone in a reasonable manner.

This whole "toys out the pram" when someone disagrees with you is tiresome.