Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Don't push it too far - while many have their doubts, if someone posts Ally knows nothing about football at all they're just showing themselves up. You can't spent 30+ years in the game and not learn something. He may struggle dreadfully to get a team going, but I'll never agree he knows nothing about football.

are you for real mate? the proof is in the pudding, he clearly doesnt have a clue.

tell me what decent manager would want to come to division three and being under the sanction of not being able to buy players until our ban is over .

maybe what ally needs is a decent second in command .

it is a 2 window ban. we have the bricks in place. davies, macpherson, butcher, williamson, calderwood, all proven at low budget, lower tier clubs. all proven coaches and decent managers in their own right. all would jump at the chance to come to the worlds biggest club.

I had big concerns during the summer when Ally was 'firefighting' to keep the place afloat that he would get too close to the players during that time, and when it came time to create the required 'gap' between a manager and his players again that he wouldn't be that figure of authority that the players were scared to cross. I don't think there is any fear or trepidation in the players when they put in performaces like that.

cdaf81e699deb247c8a8405f9c5f35da_S.jpg

ALLY MCCOIST could not hide his disappointment after watching his side exit the Ramsdens Cup following tonight's 4-3 penalty shoot-out defeat to Queen of the South at Ibrox.

The manager thought his side had done enough to secure a victory when Lee McCulloch won a spot kick with 20 minutes left and the skipper slotted the ball past Lee Robinson.

But with both teams had been reduced to ten men following the dismissals of Kevin Kyle and Willie Gibson, Gavin Reilly equalised in injury time to make it 2-2 and take the game to extra time and then the lottery of penalties.

Ally said: â??Itâ??s a sore one thatâ??s for sure and weâ??re really disappointed.

â??To lose in the manner we did on penalties was disappointing and I donâ??t think there was a lot between the teams.

â??I thought we probably had done enough after we got the second goal when we were down to ten men.

â??We are obviously disappointed in the way we lost the second goal as well.

â??Having seen it again a couple of the boys were telling me it was our throw-in and then then the lad looked a yard offside.

â??But that aside we should still be defending it better.

â??Itâ??s not a wake-up call for me itâ??s just a massive disappointment.

â??We were all aware how difficult the game would be tonight against a good Queen of the South side that are doing well in the league and they also knocked Hibs out of the League Cup.

â??But we definitely need to do more in terms of creation with the ball.

â??Tonight we didnâ??t do it as much as we have done in our recent home games.â?

Read more...

Rangers TV. Pay the $9.50 you cheap bassa :fish:

When i can have it on full HD on a 107 cm screen? And best of all kick the wife off her CIS Newyork, NCIS and all other CIS's evening. That is the best of it.:rfcbouncy: