Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

That's a difficult question to answer for more than one reason. Firstly (and since he's a rookie), I think we should judge Ally on what he does with this new squad starting from the beginning of this season and forget about what happened last season because the club was a shambles last season and as the season went on it got worse both on and off the park. That leads me to judge him since say the beginning of September when the transfer window closed and he knew what he had to work with, so that's 5 months of football to judge him on and looking at the whole 5 months I'd say yes, I've definitely seen improvement. Some weeks we play better than others, but I do think there's been a general improvement since the beginning of September.

how confident are you he will reach a level that will see us winning the spl?

i think it would be fair to take only this seasons performances as a guide if it wasnt for the similar patterns playing out again and again.

2 or 3 good games followed by dross eventually leading to poor results. were in about our 8th cycle of it.

People seem to ignore the fact that Ally is a rooky manager who's still learning. There seems to be an expectation of him that he should already have the qualities of a seasoned and highly experienced manager, when that's just not possible. He served a decent length of apprenticeship as an assistant manager, but it's going to take a few years for Ally to build up his experience and (hopefully) learn from his mistakes when he makes them.

neil lennon is also a rookie and younger than ally, he hasnt done too badly for being a "rooky"!

ally has already proved he is not learning and will not learn from his mistakes. we keep seeing the same rubbish and the same mistakes every week. he is learning nothing.

sorry m8 but I don't want a Rookie Manager. I want amanager with a proven record who can manage . Ally can't and if he learnt nothing from 4 YEARS with WS then do I need to say any more?

i think the problem is he has learned too much off walter.

That's a difficult question to answer for more than one reason. Firstly (and since he's a rookie), I think we should judge Ally on what he does with this new squad starting from the beginning of this season and forget about what happened last season because the club was a shambles last season and as the season went on it got worse both on and off the park. That leads me to judge him since say the beginning of September when the transfer window closed and he knew what he had to work with, so that's 5 months of football to judge him on and looking at the whole 5 months I'd say yes, I've definitely seen improvement. Some weeks we play better than others, but I do think there's been a general improvement since the beginning of September.

we have players who consistently give the ball away under no pressure, we have little or no MF creativity, we cannot defend setpieces, we have players constantly played out of position, no gameplan almost every week etc, etc I could go on and on. The only way to change this is to replace the manager (& his coaching staff too maybe).

We need serious improvement otherwise the crowds will fall away. People won't watch that dross today & I don't see how it'll change as things currently stand. The only way out is to change the manager & bring someone in with a proven managerial record elsewhere. Bring him in now & let him assess what he's got & decide what he wants to bring in on Sept1 and who he can try & release which might be difficult as just about everyone seems to be getting offered new deals

neil lennon is also a rookie and younger than ally, he hasnt done too badly for being a "rooky"!

ally has already proved he is not learning and will not learn from his mistakes. we keep seeing the same rubbish and the same mistakes every week. he is learning nothing.

2 months ago the yahoos were all over radio clyde demanding he was sacked after Inverness beat them. thats been a recurring theme.

not a chance. the club was fine until well after our capitulation started. last season is every bit as relevant as this season i am afraid.

september 2012? no, i dont think so. he has been manager since June 2011. he has had 3 transfer windows and wasted all 3. 5 or 6 good signings out of 18. cup exits to qos, inverness, falkirk, malmo and maribor. defeats to bottom 6 spl sides and lost points to some of scotlands worst teams this season too. he has presided over some of our clubs worst ever results in our history.

to suggest there has been an improvement since september, any improvement is just wrong. its so wrong. we are embarassing.

i am ashamed of our standard of football.

2 months ago the yahoos were all over radio clyde demanding he was sacked after Inverness beat them. thats been a recurring theme.

weeks after they beat barcelona! their fans are completely deluded. their opinion means nothing. he has had some cracking tactical victories for them. a few over us and a few over some right good teams from across europe. you can see he is learning and is progressing with his team, the same cannot be said of us or ally.

weeks after they beat barcelona! their fans are completely deluded. their opinion means nothing. he has had some cracking tactical victories for them. a few over us and a few over some right good teams from across europe. you can see he is learning and is progressing with his team, the same cannot be said of us or ally.

perhaps its just celtc fans that cant see that then. maybe they think supers 20 point lead shows improvement.