Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Fleck was nothin great. He's continued to be nothing great at Coventry. Feck know where the hype surrounding him came from. Celik? No one knows if he was good or not. Same with Bedoya. Same with Stella. McKay? Fuck knows what went on there. Jelavic moved to Everton so you can't really say McCoist ruined him.

he was an outstanding youth, we ruined him. celik was another with incredible youth pedigree who we didnt know what to do with, he is actually playing in serie a nowadays and has a scoring ratio of 1 in 3!!! :( bedoya was on the verges of the u.s. national team when we signed him and after he signed fell right out the picture altogether. mckay was a player who wanted to improve as a player and play football, we wer ento the club for him! time will tell on stella. jelavic was horseshit for his last year after he stated he wanted to leave, we persisted with playing up front himself and made life tough for him, as we do. no coincidence we only got 1.5m up front for him. a huge financial loss for us. he came to play champions league football and instead ended up getting caught up in anti football and no european football.

I feel like he's taking his head up less and less. Which is a shame because he could really help us with that set of skills. Instead he seems to fancy doing some circus numbers. Frustrating to watch really.

Completely agree with kuz about fleck and celik. Anyone else feel that templeton is getting worse by the game?

he has become extremely cocky, over confident and complacent. he needs a word in his ear and to keep things simple. he has been very poor recently. i dont think the way we play suits him either. his talents deserve to play in an attack minded team who play football.

I agree with Kuz in that he looks over confident and is trying to do too much. He can normally beat one or two men easy but then tries to beat another 2 or 3 when he should be passing it. But he is a good player with some great tricks and touches but needs to cut out the greediness part and play simple passes at the right time as at this level someone will probably give him a bad injury!

I agree with Kuz in that he looks over confident and is trying to do too much. He can normally beat one or two men easy but then tries to beat another 2 or 3 when he should be passing it. But he is a good player with some great tricks and touches but needs to cut out the greediness part and play simple passes at the right time as at this level someone will probably give him a bad injury!

Always thought that was the biggest problem with Vlad Wiess....bags of skill/talent/trickery, but sometimes didn't know when to release the ball.....

Not going to sift through the 200 pages of this thread...(sorry) so here's my tuppence worth. In response to the original question, the simple answer is no.

I genuinely feel we have missed a massive opportunity to really make a change that would help us build a solid foundation for the next 5/10 years. We had the chance to reboot our whole footballing ethos and start again but IMO we have gone for the safe option and kept the same old faces from yesteryear that are simply churning out the same dross that we've suffered for too long. I am truly sick of hearing about the same old excuses. How it's the other teams cup final etc. Ally has had his hands tied etc. That simply isn't good enough. I feel that if we were seeing progression on the pitch we would accept where we are more. We need to see a visible philosophy. A tangible vision that we could buy into and not just grinding results to climb the lower leagues. WTF is the point of that? So we simply climb back into the SPL (or whatever it will be?) and have learned nothing?

Charles Green has the fans turning out to support their team through a mixture of loyalty and defiance at the moment but IMO that will not last if the product does not get better. I saw one post mention Swansea and their vision excites me. From Martinez to Rodgers to Laudrup they have gone out of their way to promote a particular philosophy and have stuck with it. I wish we could adopt a similair vision

Not going to sift through the 200 pages of this thread...(sorry) so here's my tuppence worth. In response to the original question' date=' the simple answer is no.

I genuinely feel we have missed a massive opportunity to really make a change that would help us build a solid foundation for the next 5/10 years. We had the chance to reboot our whole footballing ethos and start again but IMO we have gone for the safe option and kept the same old faces from yesteryear that are simply churning out the same dross that we've suffered for too long. I am truly sick of hearing about the same old excuses. How it's the other teams cup final etc. Ally has had his hands tied etc. That simply isn't good enough. I feel that if we were seeing progression on the pitch we would accept where we are more. We need to see a visible philosophy. A tangible vision that we could buy into and not just grinding results to climb the lower leagues. WTF is the point of that? So we simply climb back into the SPL (or whatever it will be?) and have learned nothing?

Charles Green has the fans turning out to support their team through a mixture of loyalty and defiance at the moment but IMO that will not last if the product does not get better. [b']I saw one post mention Swansea and their vision excites me. From Martinez to Rodgers to Laudrup they have gone out of their way to promote a particular philosophy and have stuck with it. I wish we could adopt a similair vision[/b]

Not only do they play some great football but they're also successful to boot. It can happen.