Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Interesting to see the "excuse" club wielded again. Facts remain facts, not excuses. By our standards, no matter who would be at the helm, we'd still have the same "ragtag" band of players to deal with. If they do not play to their abilities, chop McCoist? And have someone else see the same players he's stuck with play the same mediocre stuff? Or simply chuck the players and ... field more youngsters?

Don't get me wrong here, I for one would like to see players being used in their natural positions and we haven't done that for years. It is nothing peculiar to Rangers or McCoist though. But what do you really look for? Has anyone any insights how the setup has or is being changed since the take-over? What we IMHO have is people moaning about performances on the pitch - for every right reason - and project it on the ability of the players and the whole coaching concept in general. And look for change. Now again, what sort of change would you implement right now? Reasonable answers please. I don't know the right cure, but jumping on the McCoist-bashing bandwagon sure does not help. You'd right now have no problem with criticising him, yet, the players as well as the manager have shown that they are hardly impressed by their own performances either. They know they can (and ultimately will) do much better.* But you can only change things within certain limits. And our limits are not those of EPL sides like Swansea. If someone has any privy to our current "future philosophy" and can tell us that it is rubbish, please spill the beans. But don't simply assume that we have none and are stuck with "dross and drap" and stumble backwards. For that is, objectively and despite dire performances these last few weeks, not the case.

*For highs and lows always happen in football, as we all know.

Not only do they play some great football but they're also successful to boot. It can happen.

It's their whole philosophy that excites me. If Laudrup moves on or doesn't work out they will stick to their guns and only try to get a manager that will play a certain way. It's about bedding in an ethos that is prevelant throughout the club from the youth teams to the front teams. When you see our teams over the last 5/6 years it makes you wonder what we actually do in training? The final straw for me IMO was the signing of Kevin Kyle. It was a surefire sign that we were going to continue to lump it long. Despite over 60 odd games of games providing us with the conclusive evidence that this doesn't work, it is still has been a trademark of Ally's stewardship. It's almost as if we've said we are in the bottom tier so we have to play ugly to win. Utter ballacks! We've seen many teams come to Ibrox and play on the deck this year.

I don't know if McCoist is..."The Man" or not.

What I do know is that something ain't working as well as it should.

- is it McCoist's management of the team??

- Is it to do with Team spirit??

- is it to do with the overall quality of players??

- is it to do with training methods??

- is it to do with the club work ethic??

It may be one of these things, it may be all or maybe none. I don't know the answer. I do agree with others that a philosophy needs to be created with regard to a style of play and an overall work ethic. This should filter down through the different age groups with the view that any youngster coming into the team is familiar with various tactics and general style of play.

I have seen several TV documentary's about various military training regimes etc. During their training, these new recruits are pushed to their absolute breaking point, and in some cases beyond it. The training is physically & mentally challenging. The outcome of this is a group of new soldiers who can rely 100% on the man beside them when things get tough. In many ways these strangers are "re-born" as a solid unit who know that the only way to succeed is by working with & for the rest of the team. I'm not saying that the coaches @ RFC need to quite go that far, but do these players REALLY understand the meaning of team work??? How many of the current squad stay behind after training to work on different aspects of their game??? How many could honestly say that they have EARNED every penny of the handsome wage packet???

A lot of questions....I don't know how many answers there are....

Edited by Darthter

... and we also noted that the silky attackers are usually mopped up by their hardline defenders. Hence a Kyle or McCulloch is needed to supplement (sic!) a Little or Sandaza.

Like van Perise?

Like Walcott?

Like Messi?Especially Messi. The defenders have his cards marked.

Like Ronaldo?

Like Suarez?

Like Aguero and Tevez?

he must be removed this summer. its now a matter of urgency. utterly clueless. being tactically outdone by division 3 managers was bad enough but novices now have his cards marked. simply not good enough. its embarassing.

Ditto what he said. Although not sure id wait until the summer.

If Ally had the balls he would walk,but I think the we don't walk away statement in the summer is affecting his decision

if he loved the club the way our fans like to think he does he would have walked long ago. this is a man we had to ask 3 times to sign for us.