Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Speculation as I mentioned.

As long as they were getting paid as normal and on time there was no reason at all for the players to be effected prior to the event itself, very weak excuse for me. Lets also rememeber that Craig Whyte signed 9 players and gave out lucrative long term contracts to key first team players, so it's not as if it was obvious that we were scrimping and saving every last penny even with the Jelavic speculation, considering what happened it's amazing to think that Whyte did sign anyone and gave the likes of Whittaker ridiculous wages.

So like all of us they'd have been aware of the noises but it was similar noises that there'd been since 2008 so it was really no reason for the collapse.

I'm not saying that Ally and the players knew the full extent of the financial problems, but even before the takeover the IBC expressed it's concerns about the due diligence and Whyte's ability to fund the club. These views were reiterated by AJ in October as part of the BBC's 'Rangers: The Inside Story' documentary where he pointed out "One of our problems was that we did not see Mr Whyte's ability to have that £9m or £10m you need to keep the club going so it could pay its bills on time." That and the accusations against Whyte must at least have had some folks at the club more than a little bit concerned. In case you need reminding we were 14pts clear at the beginning of the following month.

Also, I think Ally would have been looking at the budget promised by Whyte and then Whytes claims regarding money the club had spent in the summer with some bemusement.

i didnt think, i knew. he had no clue it was coming until after it was announced later that day.

aj was made an outcast and ridiculed by all those on team whyte. you can imagine what side ally was on being club manager.

No I can't actually. I would at the time have expected Ally to publically back his current boss, but I'm sure the manner in which the Rangers board full of people he knew and respected was wiped out had him more than slightly perturbed. However I'm sure your vivid imagination can conjure up whatever suits.

No I can't actually. I would at the time have expected Ally to publically back his current boss, but I'm sure the manner in which the Rangers board full of people he knew and respected was wiped out had him more than slightly perturbed. However I'm sure your vivid imagination can conjure up whatever suits.

well it isnt hard. respected? guys who had sat back for years and watched our name being made mudd in the media only to sit silent and not defend the club whose board they sat on or themselves for that matter, men who sat back for years and watched david murray rip our club apart piece by piece and say or do nothing, you are saying ally mccoist, rangers man and legend, respected people like that? now that is extremely poor. he being the rangers man and legend that he is, he should have been over the moon to get rid of such cowards and idiots.

Gordon smith. also his agent pushed the deal on rangers. his agent is a rangers fan.

i am a rangers fan, can i push myself on the club? is that how it works? smith said ally had the final say on every player who came to the club, is he a liar mate?

its certainly much easier to say they are not playing for the manager, that is how it looks anyway. i dont see one player in our current squad proud to play for ally, not one. i see alexander proud to be a footballer, mcculloch proud to play for rangers but the rest look like it is all about money and they couldnt give a toss. bocanegra is a top professional, we can only guess he feels about playing 4th tier football though, no doubt he is looking to move on privately as has been told to by his national team coach. far too many have poor attitudes. andy littles nose went out of joint after we signed a couple of strikers, goian hasnt bothered turning up yet this season, broadfoot is playing like he is franz beckenbauer and doesnt need to try, i think lee wallace looks like he is playing for a move. i suppose its all opinions and people are bound to disagree.

Barring the part about not seeing any of them being proud to play for Ally, that pretty much proves my point and... you've also just described some of the problems that almost every single big football club has to deal with, including clubs with hugely experienced managers earning 10 times what Ally does!

At almost every big club there's only certain players who really play for the club and their manager while others display varying characteristics of not really giving a shit and just turning up. Obviously I'm making generalizations myself here and I realise that, but I'm just trying to point out that when our team don't play the way they should it's not necessarily all the manager's fault and there's a lot of different factors to consider. One factor in our current situation is that after all of the turmoil some of these players have gone through in recent times, they might still be here, but that doesn't mean they're happy and that's not necessarily Ally's fault. It's not Ally's fault that Craig Whyte, Duff & Phelps, the SPL, SFA & numerous other bastards fucked the club over and left the team having to play in the 3rd Division this season, is it?