Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

PLG thought we WERE part timers in terms of the training schedule for our players. That's probably one of the reasons he upset some of the players because some of them will have thought "extra training? He can GTF!!".

PLG thought we WERE part timers in terms of the training schedule for our players. That's probably one of the reasons he upset some of the players because some of them will have thought "extra training? He can GTF!!".

David Beckham showed how extra training can pay off.

Did Marlborough have the club in a terrible state and sell it off to the first crook that came along? Murray at that time was a successful and ever rising business man but unfortunately for us he just lost the plot due to his enormous ego.

Besides, that only would apply if you believe all Murray did wrong was sell to Whyte.

My point about not analyising the name calling is that in many ways i'm not rational where Murray and Bain are concerned, some will believe i'm wrong.

Fair enough mate.

Personally I think Murray does have a lot to answer for. He was reckless with the clubs finances on a couple of occassions and some of his dealings with the clubs assets are questionable to say the least.

He had a lot of time to make mistakes and like I said before he did make his fair share.

However, to suggest that Lloyds, Muir and Whyte only did the dirty work makes me wonder which one are you?

Did Marlborough have the club in a terrible state and sell it off to the first crook that came along? Murray at that time was a successful and ever rising business man but unfortunately for us he just lost the plot due to his enormous ego.

Besides, that only would apply if you believe all Murray did wrong was sell to Whyte.

My point about not analyising the name calling is that in many ways i'm not rational where Murray and Bain are concerned, some will believe i'm wrong.

Seriously though, do you honestly think that they were just clearing up David Murray's mess?

Fair enough mate.

Personally I think Murray does have a lot to answer for. He was reckless with the clubs finances on a couple of occassions and some of his dealings with the clubs assets are questionable to say the least.

He had a lot of time to make mistakes and like I said before he did make his fair share.

However, to suggest that Lloyds, Muir and Whyte only did the dirty work makes me wonder which one are you?

In the case of Lloyds it was Murray's borrowing that that created their place at Ibrox in the first place, and however much they wanted their debt cleared Murray could and should have put his foot down about the sale, he didn't because he just didn't care.

Craig Whyte, I think he was a chancer that was relying on HMRC doing deals, there's no doubt his actions caused even more damage and speeded up the decline but I honestly feel it would have come anyway. I just cannot believe that the biggest club in the world was brought to it's knees mainly because of a 9 month spell.

In the case of Lloyds it was Murray's borrowing that that created their place at Ibrox in the first place, and however much they wanted their debt cleared Murray could and should have put his foot down about the sale, he didn't because he just didn't care.

Craig Whyte, I think he was a chancer that was relying on HMRC doing deals, there's no doubt his actions caused even more damage and speeded up the decline but I honestly feel it would have come anyway. I just cannot believe that the biggest club in the world was brought to it's knees mainly because of a 9 month spell.

Believe it or not, that's what happened. It may have taken a little longer and I think there was a lot more scheming and thieving involved than you seem to, but at the end of the day it was Whyte who pushed us over the edge with his cohorts orchestrating our downfall.

I also don't think David Murray had any option but to sell. That was all Lloyds doing. Yes, his business dealings gave Lloyds that power over both him and the club, but he had no choice in the sale. SDM's ego regarding Lloyds continuing hold over him might not allow him to admit that to this day, but that doesn't make it any less the truth.

Believe it or not, that's what happened. It may have taken a little longer and I think there was a lot more scheming and thieving involved than you seem to, but at the end of the day it was Whyte who pushed us over the edge with his cohorts orchestrating our downfall.

I also don't think David Murray had any option but to sell. That was all Lloyds doing. Yes, his business dealings gave Lloyds that power over both him and the club, but he had no choice in the sale. SDM's ego regarding Lloyds continuing hold over him might not allow him to admit that to this day, but that doesn't make it any less the truth.

You don't think it was so many years of uncertainty coming to a head?

Lloyds couldn't have had a legal right to force him to sell surely?

You don't think it was so many years of uncertainty coming to a head?

Lloyds couldn't have had a legal right to force him to sell surely?

Money talks and he owed them a shitload. Still does.