Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

While i agree the op is a bit strong, point out what part is wrong?

The part where he says he was going to buy 4 season books but Ally saved him a fortune.

That line summed it up for me & made the rest irrelevant. I'm not buying a season ticket for Rangers so that I have some strange form of blackmail or excuse to whinge.

Im buying it to watch The Rangers. Win, lose or draw.

And I hope he loses the lot.

I couldn't really care less one way or the other what happens to him and his business. My point is that he didn't actively try to destroy the club. Others did.

I couldn't really care less one way or the other what happens to him and his business. My point is that he didn't actively try to destroy the club. Others did.

Probably where we disagree, for all Craig Whyte did I've never thought he was setting out to cause harm, not that he cared either and clearly any business plans he had were doomed to fail.

I honestly think this thread will have more substance in the next 3-4 weeks. By then we will be able to judge after the team is settled and players have shaken off the summer rustyness. We'll see if the trip to Peterhead was a one off or not.

I do see the Anti-Ally side in that at times last season is was like pulling teeth to seek a change on the park and some things were baffling but at times the hands were tied and once Admin kicked in it was a different playing field.

Ally has to start by winning games, simple as! The style of football will come eventually.

Everyone thought this season would be a stroll, but even in the Mens 100m Usain Bolt is a slow starter but then runs away with it....Im happy if we finish as strong as him.

Probably where we disagree, for all Craig Whyte did I've never thought he was setting out to cause harm, not that he cared either and clearly any business plans he had were doomed to fail.

I don't put all of the blame on Craig Whyte either. He was by no means the innocent party but all investigations will likely conclude with him as the patsy because there was a much bigger conspiracy at play ...Please don't laugh ...it's not funny.

I don't put all of the blame on Craig Whyte either. He was by no means the innocent party but all investigations will likely conclude with him as the patsy because there was a much bigger conspiracy at play ...Please don't laugh ...it's not funny.

Going how high exactly?

I honestly think this thread will have more substance in the next 3-4 weeks. By then we will be able to judge after the team is settled and players have shaken off the summer rustyness. We'll see if the trip to Peterhead was a one off or not.

I do see the Anti-Ally side in that at times last season is was like pulling teeth to seek a change on the park and some things were baffling but at times the hands were tied and once Admin kicked in it was a different playing field.

Ally has to start by winning games, simple as! The style of football will come eventually.

Everyone thought this season would be a stroll, but even in the Mens 100m Usain Bolt is a slow starter but then runs away with it....Im happy if we finish as strong as him.

Agreed. I think a lot of fans are underestimating the task at hand. It's all fine and well to talk about how easily we should stroll through the divisions. Afterall if the likes of Gretna, Livi and Ross County can do it. Only problem is that we are Rangers and face a completely different mindset in our opposition because of that.

Yes, we should win most of our games and in some of them we'll tear our rivals to shreds. We will win the leagues quite comfortably, but the journey won't necessarily be plain sailing no matter who the manager is.

To the original OP question, IF and big IF things go badly and we are looking to replace AM it would have to be Billy Davies for me. I heard his name punted about while we in the SPL and didnt fully fancy him, thought we could go bit better but I think he'd still have won us the SPL. He'd stroll this situation IMO.

A guy who is underrated and does very well in lower leagues down south is Paul Sturrock. Dont know how many teams he has saved with no players then got them promoted. Wouldnt want him in the SPL but for the situation we are in now he has proven track record.

Anyway, rather than removing Ally, id rather see McDowall and / or Durrant move aside and a better no.2 coming in.