Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Can anyone show me a league that started in August that was won before September reached it's halfway point. Patience is a virtue as they say.

Surely you can see that isn't the whole point? We should be several classes apart from this league, an SFL3 team in name only, running away with it. So far it's looking like a very genuine struggle to win it.

I said before the season even began it wouldn't be 36 wins, double figure scorelines etc, we were alway going to get caught out the odd time over a long campaign. But here we are with 3 away games played, 3 terrible performances and 3 draws which could have been defeats. All during pretty decent months in terms of weather and pitch as well, I dread to think what's going to happen in the winter slogs.

Even in the OP I haven't called for anyone's head, but the idea of the manager being replaced shouldn't be a taboo. Remember plenty don't write off last season's events prior to administration either.

Surely you can see that isn't the whole point? We should be several classes apart from this league, an SFL3 team in name only, running away with it. So far it's looking like a very genuine struggle to win it.

I said before the season even began it wouldn't be 36 wins, double figure scorelines etc, we were alway going to get caught out the odd time over a long campaign. But here we are with 3 away games played, 3 terrible performances and 3 draws which could have been defeats. All during pretty decent months in terms of weather and pitch as well, I dread to think what's going to happen in the winter slogs.

Even in the OP I haven't called for anyone's head, but the idea of the manager being replaced shouldn't be a taboo. Remember plenty don't write off last season's events prior to administration either.

Simply, I am not one of Ally's fans and stated often I did not want him to get the job at this time. That opinion has never changed, he should have managed a smaller team first. To call for his head at this moment is ludicrous in my opinion. The season has just started and we are trying to find our feet. We had 2 youth players and a RB that has hardly played for a while playing today. I agree we have to start winning but sacking Ally at this moment is no guarantee that we will do better under a new manager.

Simply, I am not one of Ally's fans and stated often I did not want him to get the job at this time. That opinion has never changed, he should have managed a smaller team first. To call for his head at this moment is ludicrous in my opinion. The season has just started and we are trying to find our feet. We had 2 youth players and a RB that has hardly played for a while playing today. I agree we have to start winning but sacking Ally at this moment is no guarantee that we will do better under a new manager.

Perhaps not, but the buck stops with the manager, and I do personally feel capable managers would relish the challenge of taking Rangers back to the top with these resources.

October will be upon us before we know it, proper improvement has to come about with some urgency.

Perhaps not, but the buck stops with the manager, and I do personally feel capable managers would relish the challenge of taking Rangers back to the top with these resources.

October will be upon us before we know it, proper improvement has to come about with some urgency.

I will totally agree with you if we are not near touching the top by the end of October then we must be looking seriously whether Ally is the man for the job.

That wasn't meant as a dig at what you said,I'm merely pointing out a fact,one point off top spot and +5 goals

My reply was tongue in cheek Ian that is why I added the wink. I just can't believe so much negativity after a handful of games. Sometimes it takes a while to get up and running. If you(not personally) go to a new job you always feel strange for the first few weeks and don't open up to anyone. As time goes bye you feel more at ease and in the end feel at home. I can imagine this is happening amongst our players. It is just too early for a witchhunt on Ally,lets leave that to the SPL.