Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Binning managers at the least sign of trouble is not the Rangers way. McCoist deserves a reasonable amount of time under "normal" conditions to get his new team playing the way he wants. Above all, there is absolutely no need to act now (undefeated, 1 point off the top etc.).

If we're not comfortably out in front by Christmas and playing decent football, then it'll be time for this discussion.

Binning managers at the least sign of trouble is not the Rangers way. McCoist deserves a reasonable amount of time under "normal" conditions to get his new team playing the way he wants. Above all, there is absolutely no need to act now (undefeated, 1 point off the top etc.).

If we're not comfortably out in front by Christmas and playing decent football, then it'll be time for this discussion.

Least sign of trouble?

Did you not notice our capitulations in the Champions League, Europa League, League and Scottish Cup's out of four tournaments we managed to beat the mighty Arbroath!

We defeated the mighty Brechin in extra time, we drew level with the mighty Peterhead in the last minute of normal time, an incompetent referee denied Berwick Rangers their deserved victory and had we lost yesterday we'd have had little grounds for complaint because we were absolute crap and our manager stood arms folded looking absolutely clueless but sadly that's now a "normal" occurrence.

I also noticed that we're still in 3 cup competitions and haven't lost a game yet this season. I've said I'd give him until Christmas, Would you sack him today?

Yes we're still in 3 cup competitions but as inept a manager as I think McCoist is even I can't see him being knocked out of a cup competition before we've actually played in it!

To be honest I'd have sacked him long ago.

What if we only scrape it?

What if we lose some of our best players to injury? We've only played 5 league games and we're already seeing players getting injured leaving Ally with an even smaller squad to pick from.

Yes we're still in 3 cup competitions but as inept a manager as I think McCoist is even I can't see him being knocked out of a cup competition before we've actually played in it!

To be honest I'd have sacked him long ago.

Rightly or wrongly, he was allowed to start this season and to sack him now, having only had his squad together for 3 weeks, would be perverse IMO.

What if we lose some of our best players to injury? We've only played 5 league games and we're already seeing players getting injured leaving Ally with an even smaller squad to pick from.

Should still be able to win this part time league with many points to spare, cups may be more of a problem.