Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

If things don't improve by November/December then i'll start to worry a bit but we will still go up comfortably IMO. We will win most of our home games, maybe draw one or two but I hope we can win them all, we should start to win some away games soon but will draw some more i'm sure and might even lose one or two, it can happen no matter what level you're playing against.

When we go up the management will probably stay the same, but I think we all can see changes need to be made to get the team more motivated but the players have to take blame also as they just look like they can turn up and win which isn't the right attitude as these teams seem to playing for their lives when they play against us and we need to match them at least but it's not happening for some reason and IMO it's not all down to the manager.

I would love to see us re-brand our style to more flowing football on the ground as most would and I see no reason why we can't do this at this level (even with McCoist). I would go as far as re-branding all the way down to our youngest kids but again I can't see that happening anytime soon which is a shame. Surely we can bring over foreign coaches to help do this and fulfill the potential our training ground can give us.

Should still be able to win this part time league with many points to spare

People can call the thrid division a part-time league till they're blue in the face, but calling it a part time league doesn't mean the players at our opposition clubs train much less than our own players do and calling it a part time league doesn't mean the teams we're facing won't try their absolute best to stop us playing the way we want to play.

We need to up our game and I think we'll see that happening, but it's going to take a lot of hard work and endevour because when teams don't give you any time on the ball (particularly in their half) it's not always easy to break them down or break through them and that's what we've witnessed away from home.

Being a better, more skilled team on paper doesn't give us the right to win football games even when we think (or demand) we should be winning them!

Got to laugh at the Ally fans moving the goalposts, first it was its still preseason, then it was wait till the end of September now I see it's Christmas time, dear oh dear.

Bet Ally's glad its 3 home games in a row because of it was 3 away games it would be a disaster.

Got to laugh at the Ally fans moving the goalposts, first it was its still preseason, then it was wait till the end of September now I see it's Christmas time, dear oh dear.

It's unfair to paint everyone who wants to give Ally a proper chance, starting afresh after everything that's happened with the same brush Allan. Maybe there's a few people moving goalposts as you put it, but who are they? Why not be specific and quiz someone who you think has moved their goalposts instead of dumping a load of people into a loose group you perceive as having done that?

Got to laugh at the Ally fans moving the goalposts

And this is why you have to laugh at the fans who have to "strengthen" their view point with funny little titles and names for others.

Why would a Rangers fan not be a fan of the manager and a club legend. Would be a rather perverse supporter who was not. I would be more concerned with the "Ally-bashers"!

It's unfair to paint everyone who wants to give Ally a proper chance, starting afresh after everything that's happened with the same brush Allan. Maybe there's a few people moving goalposts as you put it, but who are they? Why not be specific and quiz someone who you think has moved their goalposts instead of dumping a load of people into a loose group you perceive as having done that?

Well 'everything that's happened' shows right away that you're not thinking about this simply in football terms.

perhaps they train as much. though I doubt it.

Why would you doubt they train as much (or at least not far off it) when our players have pretty much been matched for endurance and effort over 90 mins several times already against these teams?

but while our lads are getting a nap before games they are out at work.

That's total nonsense. One or two opposition players saying they had to go straight to a game against us from their work doesn't mean they're all doing that.

Well 'everything that's happened' shows right away that you're not thinking about this simply in football terms.

I am thinking about it in football terms. My view is that after 'everything that's happened' this is a fresh start of sorts, mainly because it's almost a brand new team of players Ally has to work with, but also because we're in a completely alien enviroment in this league, playing at these wee grounds. I think we should wipe Ally's slate clean after 'everything that's happened' since he's a noob manager anyway and bringing up his and his squad's failures from last season is taking the wee black book against him too far IMO.

Might get too many complaints mate and disappear in the middle of the night. :)