Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I ernestly mean this. winning by less than 4 to 6 goals is failure in a game for us.

our wage budget

our full time staff

our facilities

our ability to buy players

our international players.

our manager earns 4 times the annual budget of his rivals whole club.

these are the reasons why.

All sounds very well but it doesn't tend to happen all the time in practice. Here's a couple of results from last year's Cl:

AC Milan Ita Viktoria Plzen Cze 2-0 2-2

AC Milan Ita BATE Borisov Bls 2-0 1-1

Should Mssimiliano Allegri be sacked? You really think that you are realistic?

PS Other notable results for BATE

Paris St Germain 2-2 0-0

AZ Alkmaar 4-1 0-3

Dynamo Kiev 2-2 1-4

Everton 1-2 1-0

Zenit St. Petersburg 1-1 0-2

Juventus 2-2 0-0

Anderlecht 2-1 2-2

Villarreal 1-4 2-0

Bologna 0-2 0-0

Sturm Graz 1-1, 2-0

AEK Athens 2-1 2-2

Levski Sofia 1-0 1-1

Looks like a lot of managers need to be sacked. Or maybe we need to sign up their manager and whole team...

Just found another example for last season:

APOEL Nicosia Cyp Zenit St. Petersburg Rus 2-1 0-0

Shakhtar Donetsk Ukr APOEL Nicosia Cyp 1-1 2-0

FC Porto Por APOEL Nicosia Cyp 1-1 1-2

Olympique Lyon Fra APOEL Nicosia Cyp 1-0 0-1

Penalty shootout: APOEL Nicosia - Olympique Lyon 4 - 3

APOEL average attendance: 8,248

More sackings...

Edited by calscot

All sounds very well but it doesn't tend to happen all the time in practice. Here's a couple of results from last year's Cl:

are any cl teams part time?

The whole arguement is flawed as we will win this league this year , that we should be doing betterand playing better I will concede if come december/january time we are still rotten away from home , but this over reactiuon is ridiculous IMHO .

This should be a time of rebuilding , however the whole structure of the club really needs addressing from the youths right through , but is the timing right , areweas a support ready for more emotional upheaval I'm not so sure .

There are still major issue's to be addressed off the park , the battle against the corrupt SPL , the structure of Scottich football which needs our agreement to go into an SPL 2 to dig the idiots out osf a major hole and save the SKY deal .

So you're conceding your argument doesn't hold true at a general level so are now narrowing it down to only full time vs part time?

no that's just the simplest level. how mane internationals at Bate? for example.

your comparing national champions v runners up in big leagues.

I'm comparing international played from the top leagues v postmen.

there's even an amateur team in our division.

The whole arguement is flawed as we will win this league this year , that we should be doing betterand playing better I will concede if come december/january time we are still rotten away from home , but this over reactiuon is ridiculous IMHO .

This should be a time of rebuilding , however the whole structure of the club really needs addressing from the youths right through , but is the timing right , areweas a support ready for more emotional upheaval I'm not so sure .

There are still major issue's to be addressed off the park , the battle against the corrupt SPL , the structure of Scottich football which needs our agreement to go into an SPL 2 to dig the idiots out osf a major hole and save the SKY deal .

You will never get a better chance to tear the guts out of Auchenhowie and start from scratch. As Cal points out we can win this league playing like shit, which kind of counters his other argument that these teams aren't as bad as we think they are. But anyway we have the breathing space to really make a change and as usual nothing is getting done it will be the same old but we won a trophy so everything's ok and the dross will continue.

Tel you what you bring AC over and see if they keep getting draws in Div3, the craziest comparison I've seen yet.