Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Tel you what you bring AC over and see if they keep getting draws in Div3, the craziest comparison I've seen yet.

You think we're equal to AC Milan? You think the only fair comparison is if Milan come to Div 3 and not draw a few games?

Sorry but I think your comparison is crazy. We've nothing like the spending Milan have, I thought you'd know that.

My comparison is that Milan's best player is probably getting more money than BATE's whole team, which is how people are comparing Rangers with division 3 teams.

The financial gap is large in both cases. How is that crazy?

no that's just the simplest level. how mane internationals at Bate? for example.

your comparing national champions v runners up in big leagues.

I'm comparing international played from the top leagues v postmen.

there's even an amateur team in our division.

How come when it's Rangers, according to your lot, those type of champions are are called, "pub teams" whether they have internationals or not?

BTW Most postmen I know are pretty slim and fit without doing much exercise outside their work. Seems like a good job to enhance your stamina.

We're comparing a top Italian club, who with the strong Euro, get 49k fans on average and Premiership type TV money - they turnover £190m. In the last five years they have spent an average of about £40m a year on players.

BATE's, who with the Ruble, average 8k fans in Belarus and spend is about £400k on average on players. For the Everton game they charged about £6 a ticket.

It's funny that when I play your game, the rules suddenly change.

Bill Struth would turn in his grave at the standards some fans have now.

This is a very messed up post. Bill Struth predicted bad times and advised us to be ready for it and preached "tolerance and sanity". As far as I can see the minimum standards expected on this forum is winning the league, what is your problem with that?

barca and Spain make very fit teams look unfit be having superb fitness and great desire as well as getting 70 plus percent possetion.

we make third division teams look fit by conceding posetion. punting long balls and displaying an unacceptable attitude.

we actually will be fitter than these guys we simply have no concept of how to make it tell.

This is a very messed up post. Bill Struth predicted bad times and advised us to be ready for it and preached "tolerance and sanity". As far as I can see the minimum standards expected on this forum is winning the league, what is your problem with that?

if we limp to the title playing like this all season super should be let go.

barca and Spain make very fit teams look unfit be having superb fitness and great desire as well as getting 70 plus percent possetion.

I think there is a limit to how "fit" you can get any team. You can only train them so much. However, some people have more athletic ability than others. You can train as much as Bolt or Farah but that doesn't mean you will keep up with them. In any sport that requires athleticism, the best will be among the most athletic. Top teams are "fitter" as they have exceptional athletes with natural ability that surpasses everyone else.

we make third division teams look fit by conceding posetion. punting long balls and displaying an unacceptable attitude.

we actually will be fitter than these guys we simply have no concept of how to make it tell.

Barcelona were presumably a lot "fitter" than our supposedly poor trained players under Walter, and yet they didn't seem to have a concept of how to make it tell. It took an illegal goal scored with an arm to break us.

You seem to vary your standards and your arguments to suit you...

if we limp to the title playing like this all season super should be let go.

I don't think that many businessmen will sack a manager who gets the required results. You are entitled to your viewpoint but you'll hopefully be aware that it's a pretty extreme one, and one I would bet a lot of money on you not applying to yourself.

Ally's task is to win the league, if he succeeds, his job is likely to be safe.

You don't berate a high jumper for clearing the bar but not doing it with enough margin or enough style. When you clear it, you have done what is required. What then happens is that the bar is raised - and this will happen for McCoist next season if he wins - and so on until it can go no higher.

Edited by calscot

Weren't Malmo called postmen when there was some Ally bashing to be done?

probably buy some. frankly I thought they were shit and we should have dispatched them but I stood up for super.

one of the few things whyte got right was when he pointed out malmos budget was 5 million a year and we clearly were not getting value for money from our squad.