Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Might get too many complaints mate and disappear in the middle of the night. :)

If you can steer away from verbally abusing other posters and other behaviours not expected of this forum you'll be fine. ;)

Back on track of the topic at hand now please.

Why would you doubt they train as much (or at least not far off it) when our players have pretty much been matched for endurance and effort over 90 mins several times already against these teams?

That's total nonsense. One or two opposition players saying they had to go straight to a game against us from their work doesn't mean they're all doing that.

most of these teams train twice a week. the players may also work on their fitness in their own time but that's different.

oh and some of the players we've played against don't even train with their own team.

the fact we've been matched says just about everything you need to know about our training and players.

Edited by the gunslinger

most of these teams train twice a week. the players may also work on their fitness in their own time but that's different.

It's not different at all, it's how it probably works at this level. The players will do most of their fitness work in their own time instead of at the training ground, so that when they go to actual training with the team they're not doing running, jumping and movement excercises which they can do in their own time.

oh and some of the players we've played against don't even train with their own team.

Which ones and what's that all about?

the fact we've been matched says just about everything you need to know about our training and players.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but I think it's more complicated than that.

If you can steer away from verbally abusing other posters and other behaviours not expected of this forum you'll be fine. ;)

Back on track of the topic at hand now please.

Tut tut who rattled your cage, and as for your other pop, Ally is doing a fine job of backing up my arguement for me. As for the name calling I'm not the one throwing about the names, myself and others are the ones getting called an Ally Basher and our support questioned just because we have the outrage of questioning a club legend.

That's the difference it seems between you and me I can separate Ally the legend from Ally the manager.

It's not different at all, it's how it probably works at this level. The players will do most of their fitness work in their own time instead of at the training ground, so that when they go to actual training with the team they're not doing running, jumping and movement excercises which they can do in their own time.

Which ones and what's that all about?

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but I think it's more complicated than that.

the peterhead players and the Berwick ones train in the central belt.

working on your own fitness is a world away from proper sports science and being part of a team training environment. put simply you never push yourself as hard without competition.

honestly mate its laughable that we aren't streets ahead in this department.