Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

i would say some of the players coming in have improved us on what we had previous. the overall standard of the squad may have declined slightly but the standard of opposition has declined 100 times on that. we are not playing in la liga or the epl. this is the part time bottom tier of scottish football, we have an spl squad with the second highest wage bill in the country. there are no excuses.

still waiting to find our feet are we? still? this is another one of the apologists excuses which are growing ever so tiresome.

I actually disagree that the difference in standard is so big, and these players are playing for their lives. We will get used to that eventually and start winning. Messi like football I am afraid is light years away but that has been the fact for years.

I actually disagree that the difference in standard is so big, and these players are playing for their lives. We will get used to that eventually and start winning. Messi like football I am afraid is light years away but that has been the fact for years.

then we will agree to disagree.

haha no one is asking for messi like football. doh

We're not asking for Messi just less of the impersonation of Wimbledon under Dave Bassett.

Today Annan played with 2 blocks of 5. I remember we done that to Barcelona and they called it anti-football. That is the way it is going to be for most games and it isn't easy to pass your way through it. Barcelona couldn't get past us then and we will struggle to play a passing game pretty often I am afraid. getting the first goal will be important although it didn't help us against Peterhead and Brechin.

You mean stick your head in the sand and moan through a pipe to the surface.

If we'd been allowed to stay in the SPL then after effects of administration would probably be a valid excuse, maybe even for SFL1.

But we got in put in Division 3, a part time league, a very good platform to make a fresh start and bounce back with little fuss. If as generally expected we were playing the youths with the odd SFL journeyman and McCulloch thrown in then again i'd probably be more patient, but we signed high standard SPL players on big wages and retained some as well, with Ally deciding to complain about not getting even more in. So we should really be getting to grips with this quickly.

If we'd been allowed to stay in the SPL then after effects of administration would probably be a valid excuse, maybe even for SFL1.

But we got in put in Division 3, a part time league, a very good platform to make a fresh start and bounce back with little fuss. If as generally expected we were playing the youths with the odd SFL journeyman and McCulloch thrown in then again i'd probably be more patient, but we signed high standard SPL players on big wages and retained some as well, with Ally deciding to complain about not getting even more in. So we should really be getting to grips with this quickly.

Can anyone show me a league that started in August that was won before September reached it's halfway point. Patience is a virtue as they say.