Match Preview Writers (including schedule)

As always, we're looking for match preview writers for this season.

Please add your name below if you fancy having a go:

August

SFL3 - Sat 18: Rangers v East Stirling - AMMS

LC - Tue 21: Falkirk v Rangers - Zappa

SFL3 - Sun 26: Berwick v Rangers - Bluebear54

September

SFL3 - Sun 02: Rangers v Elgin City - SimplyTheBest

SFL3 - Sat 15: Annan v Rangers

SFL3 - Sat 22: Rangers v Montrose - calscot

I'll volunteer for Montrose.

Edited by Zappa

I would hope it is entirely up to the previewer! Whatever angle you want to take on it. For example, some may focus on the possible team line up, others on the wider context of the game ("Is it Ally's last game in charge???" if CG was doing one) while I, for example, would write a wordy and unreadable 1,500 post on the literary and cultural history of Annan, briefly mentioning a game in the final paragraph. Let a hundred flowers bloom!

Any brief guide on what the match previews should contain? I have a rough idea but want to keep it within the spirit of this site.

Anything in style from a light-hearted attempt at humour all the way through to something more serious and really analytical or anything in between. Go with the flow!

In terms of content, we generally see previews with an introduction (which can be as long or short as you like): quite often a note of players who are out of contention due to injury etc; a look at the recent form of our team (or both teams if you like); some speculation about who the manager might play, which formation he'll go for etc as well as quite often some more opinion based stuff, such as what the previewer would personally like to see from the team, the manager etc etc.

That's the sort of stuff we generally see, but there's no fixed template or specific guide, so everyone is free to use their creativity and produce pretty much whatever they like.

Returning to my home port tomorrow so will be back on-line as normal during the weekend. The wifi connections at most of the marina's I visited was crap meaning I was using my telephone to look in mostly. I will obviously put my name down to do do a preview but don't worry if I am number 45 and miss out.;)