Rangers Women - Games and Updates

The Ladies made it to the next round of the SFA Cup, beating Hamilton away from home 3-0.

All updates here: https://twitter.com/RFC_Ladies

DJWz3d2XoAAwH62.jpg

Superseal Stadium ...

DJXqSEVXgAAq4qL.jpg

Rangers LFC‏

STARTING XI: Elliott, Muir, Donnelly, Watson, O'Neill, Gemmell, Adams, Napier, O'Hara, Sinclair, Davidson

SUBS: Crawford, Rice, Ross, Coakley, Farquhar, Viollaz, Templeton

HALF TIME: Hamilton Academical 0:0 Rangers

GOAAAAAAL! Amy Muir's free kick evades everyone and nestles in the bottom corner! Hamilton Academical 0:1 Rangers

60' GOAAAL! Rangers' lead is doubled as the ball comes off a Hamilton player and into her own net. Hamilton Academical 0:2 Rangers

75' GOAAAL! Hayley Sinclair nicks the ball off the Accies' defence and lobs the ball into the net. Hamilton Academical 0:3 Rangers

FULL TIME: Hamilton Academical 0:3 Rangers. A slow start but a great second half display sees Rangers through to the semi finals.

SWF‏ @ScotWFootball

Congratulations to the #SSESWCup Semi-Finalist: @Farmington_FC @HibsLadies @RFC_Ladies @GlasgowCityFC @SSE

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies: Hamilton 0:3 Rangers

RANGERS Ladies booked their place in the SSE Scottish Women’s Cup Semi Final with a 3-0 victory at Hamilton Academical.

Three second half goals from Amy Muir, Hayley Sinclair and a Hamilton own goal were enough to see Rangers run out deserved winners.

Hayley Sinclair

100917_ladies_1.jpg

Read more here: https://rangers.co.uk/news/ladies/ladies-hamilton-03-rangers/

And today Rangers played Aberdeen away in the league, drawing 2-2

Rangers LFC‏

STARTING XI: Elliot, Clark, Watson, Donnelly, O'Neil, Adams, Gemmell, O'Hara, Sinclair, Muir, Davidson

SUBS: Napier, Brown, Ross, Coakley, Templeton, Viollaz

Hearthyfold Park

DKfSHXgW0AUyVWt.jpg

DKfH3FpW4AA54qJ.jpg

36' The hosts take the lead, Rangers fall behind 1:0

HALF TIME: Chances at both ends but Rangers trail at the break. @aberdeenfcl 1:0 @RFC_Ladies

GOAL: Lauren Davidson levels matters! 1:1

A long free kick from O'Neil was parried away and Davidson was in there to capatilise

67' Gemmell tries to curl in a free kick but it's just inches wide of the top

73' Rangers come close to taking the lead as a defensive header rattles the bar before bouncing on the line and away 1:1

76' Watson denied a goal with a superb point blank save, Rangers pushing for the goal 1:1

83' GOAL: Aberdeen counter and retake the lead 2:1

89' Deep corner by Muir is met by Clark at the back post but the ball goes wide 2:1

90+1 GOAL: A cross come shot from Rachael O'Neil goes in! 2:2

FULL TIME: It's another point rescued late by Rangers. Final Score

https://twitter.com/RFC_Ladies

Meanwhile ...

Gers star Hayley Sinclair - I'll never regret crossing Old Firm divide

The midfielder says she is a better player now after swapping Celtic for Rangers.

By Lisa Gray 06:05, 16 SEP 2017

HayleySinclair.jpg

WHEN Hayley Sinclair swapped Celtic for Rangers, she joined a list of players – including Mo Johnston and Kenny Miller - who have played for both clubs.

But the midfielder reckons crossing the Old Firm divide wasn't a big deal and says the switch to the Light Blues was the best move she's ever made.

Sinclair said: “This is my third year at Rangers and, before that, I was at Celtic for five years.

“I came through the Academy there and worked my way up but I just felt as though I needed a change.

“Coming to Rangers has really improved my game and made me a better player.

“For me, it wasn't really a big deal playing for both Old Firm clubs. I don't think it's as big a deal in women's football as it is in men's football.

“In women's football, players move about teams more. There are some girls who have played for nearly every team in the Premier League.

“I definitely didn't regret my decision to join Rangers even if some people thought 'That's a weird one' – it's probably the best decision I've made in football.”

Rangers sit sixth in SWPL1 and Sinclair admits they should have done better in games so far this season.

But she's confident they'll soon reap the benefits of head coach Amy McDonald's experience after the former Scotland international took over the helm in May.

Sinclair said: “She really knows what she's doing. She's so experienced and we feel we are learning from her in every training session.

“She will give players one to one feedback and try to help you to be the best you can be. Everyone in the team is so happy she has come to the club.”

Rangers beat Old Firm rivals Celtic last month and Sinclair insists the focus now is on making the most of the remaining games and climbing as far up the table as possible.

She said: “For the second half of the season, we are aiming to finish in a higher position in the table than where we are just now.

“We feel as though we have been underachieving. There have been teams we have performed well against but we haven't taken our chances.

“With the talent and the players that we've got, these are games we should be winning.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/gers-star-hayley-sinclair-ill-11177031

• 2 weeks later...

The Women's SFA Cup Semi-Finals are up tomorrow and wil be played one after the other at the Forthbank Stadium in Stirling.

SWF‏ @ScotWFootball -> https://twitter.com/ScotWFootball

SSESWCup Semi-Finals

Sun 8th Oct

Forthbank Stadium, Stirling

12:00 - GLASGOW CITY v FORFAR FARMINGTON

15:30 - RANGANERS LADIES v HIBERBIAN LFC

£5 Adult, £2 Concession

The game will be screened LIVE on Scottish Women Football's youtube channel

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLeuXBtV4AEt8o6.jpg

Well, we lost the game 4-0 and one can hear the thoughts of Amy McDonald on the Rangers Ladies twitter account.

Hibs are a good team, yet, we could have brought the game to 1-1 when the ref ruled our goal out for a foul (which it wasn't), then Hibs scored a quick-fire double and after HT we scored another which was (wrongly again, it seems) ruled out for offside. Then Hibs scored from a corner and that was that.

https://twitter.com/RFC_Ladies

Edited by der Berliner

Rangers Ladies were back in SWPL business today, as the visited Ainslie Park to face Spartans ...

RANGERS XI: Viollaz, Ross, O'Neill, Watson, Muir, Adams, Gemmell, O'Hara, Napier, Brown, Davidson

SUBS: Hay, Coakley, Rice, Sinclair, Elliott

DMLWqsJWkAEiZeJ.jpg

The teams emerge from the tunnel and show their support for Show Racism the Red Card.

Snippets from the text commentary at https://twitter.com/RFC_Ladies

Spartans 1 (Simone McMahon 5mins) Rangers 0

28' SUB: Brogan Hay makes her debut as she replaces Claire Adams who is unable to continue.

36' Danger for Rangers as Spartans try their luck from distance and the ball clatters off the crossbar and Viollaz can clear. (1:0)

HALF TIME: Spartans 1-0 Rangers

48' Goal Spartans! Similarly to the first half, Spartans score early on. (2:0)

55' GOAAAAL! Rangers pull one back as Brogan Hay links up well with Chelsie Watson and Watson taps home. (2:1)

61' GOAAAAAL! A debut goal for Brogan Hay as Watson's free kick falls to her and she nestles the ball in the bottom corner. 2:2

63' Rangers inches away from a lead as Chelsie Watson whips the ball in and Holly Napier's glancing header is wide. (2:2)

66' Hay making an impact again as she crosses the ball in and it comes out to Clare Gemmell who shoots wide. (2:2)

68' SUB: Second change of the afternoon for Rangers as Rachel Ross is replaced by Katie Rice.

76' GOAAAAAAL! Rangers take the lead as Gemmell floats the ball over the keeper. 2:3.

82' SUB: Chantelle Brown is replaced by Hannah Coakley.

Chelsie Watson almost had a second goal to her name as the centre back rose highest to head into the net but the referee blows for a foul.

FULL TIME: Spartans 2:3 Rangers

A second half comeback for the Gers after falling 2-0 down. Great debut performance, assist and goal from Brogan Hay.

• 2 weeks later...