Rangers could be fast-tracked into second tier via league reconstruction

Oooft! Sorry! :D

Speaking of earlier posts I was just about to respond about Hutton! :)

But a longer winter break and playing more football in July is a better option, might even help those joke of a teams who try in Europe. Also having some league cup games on the weekend would help.

I did read somewhere though that one plan is to go with the same as the Belgian league where is has play offs and splits of some kind. Not too clued up on it and I didnt like the sound of it. I'll try find the article.

But a longer winter break and playing more football in July is a better option, might even help those joke of a teams who try in Europe. Also having some league cup games on the weekend would help.

I did read somewhere though that one plan is to go with the same as the Belgian league where is has play offs and splits of some kind. Not too clued up on it and I didnt like the sound of it. I'll try find the article.

A decent (as long as possible) winter break is a must if they're going to reconstruct Scottish football. If they don't fathom that into their scheming wee equation, then it's a sure sign of idiocy and incompetence.

I read stuff about the Belgian league model being a possibility and I think it would be completely moronic. It's one of the most idiotic league structures in the whole of European football. Maybe that's why Regan and Doncaster think it might be a good idea?

A decent (as long as possible) winter break is a must if they're going to reconstruct Scottish football. If they don't fathom that into their scheming wee equation, then it's a sure sign of idiocy and incompetence.

I read stuff about the Belgian league model being a possibility and I think it would be completely moronic. It's one of the most idiotic league structures in the whole of European football. Maybe that's why Regan and Doncaster think it might be a good idea?

Just read about the Belgian structure. Top flight of 16 teams play each other twice, then points are halved. Then the top 6 play each other again twice and side that then finishes top wins the league.

Teams 7-14 are divided into 2 groups (odds and evens) and play each other twice. Winners of each group have a play off and the winner then has a play off with team 4th or 5th for a Europe spot. - Holy Shit!!!

Bottom 2 play each other 5 times! 15th place club starts with 3 pts and 16th team starts with zero.

A lot to follow. I can see 1 or 2 pro's in it that it generates a bit of interest for a full season but thats it! The team finishing 3rd from bottom in the regular season can still qualify for Europe!!

Just read about the Belgian structure. Top flight of 16 teams play each other twice, then points are halved. Then the top 6 play each other again twice and side that then finishes top wins the league.

Teams 7-14 are divided into 2 groups (odds and evens) and play each other twice. Winners of each group have a play off and the winner then has a play off with team 4th or 5th for a Europe spot. - Holy Shit!!!

Bottom 2 play each other 5 times! 15th place club starts with 3 pts and 16th team starts with zero.

A lot to follow. I can see 1 or 2 pro's in it that it generates a bit of interest for a full season but thats it! The team finishing 3rd from bottom in the regular season can still qualify for Europe!!

Whit the f#*k I got lost after the first split.

We will have the American model being put forward next play the league and the top 6 go into play offs to see who the champion is.

Whit the f#*k I got lost after the first split.

We will have the American model being put forward next play the league and the top 6 go into play offs to see who the champion is.

Funnily enough I was going to say that the Belgian league was surely invented by Yanks!

If nothing else, a reconstruction saga will reveal who is all mouth and no trousers.

If the SPL clubs are indeed interested in sporting integrity (no laughing at the back, there) they will vote for a more equitable distribution of resources and a structure that allows greater promotion/relegation.

If the SFL clubs are indeed as cross with Rhegan/Doncaster as they said they were, they will no doubt move to have the former at least removed rather than let him preside over reconstruction.

But in reality I feel that the usual will happen, that the smaller clubs will be bought off with a bribe and the 'larger' clubs will retain superior voting/finance rights. How depressing will that be, if in say a year's time, all the pain and suffering of this year will have been essentially for nothing?

That is patently mental. No one will want to watch football if you need higher education to follow the league.

But the objection of 8-10 SPL clubs WILL matter Zappa. The proposals need to be approved by BOTH SPL AND SFL clubs - and it seems they take their vote independently, which means the SPL needs an 11-1 vote to accept the proposal.

That's insane. :facepalm:

That's insane. :facepalm:

I completely agree - but I think it mentions it in the OP......

It all points to even more reason why we should have ONE single body looking after Scottish football's affairs.