Rangers could be fast-tracked into second tier via league reconstruction

I have a better idea. why not let the SPL disappear up its own arse and let them join the SFL at division three when they go tits up. Its only the SPL thats up shit creek. It will be the SFL being the turkeys voting for christmas if they accept any new proposals.

Are the SPL clubs going to vote for a structure that sees them giving up 4 games against the OF? Can't see it.

I think a few of the SPL clubs are in favour of a bigger SPL, so if you take into account that 42 clubs will be voting on reconstruction proposals, then the objections of maybe 8 to 10 SPL clubs might not matter much. It's all going to depend on what the actual proposals are.

What amazes me is that most people seem to miss the point in this league reconstruction. The likely hoped-for scenario(for the SPL anyway) is sone sort of SPL1& SPL2 which would virtually make the SFL redundant or significantly downsized in number & power in my opinion. Will the SFL accept this ? Or will a power battle ensue between the current SPL & SFL to see who runs the scottish leagues ?

People forget that putting us into the SFL was a major coup for the SFL. For example we now have a situation regards live televised SKY games where the SFL viewing figures are higher than that of the SPL.(After only a couple of games I know). Will that continue and if so what will the SFL do?

Interesting times lie ahead, that's for sure. I think eventually both Regan & Doncaster will fall on their swords as their past records suggest complete incompetence. I wouldn't send either for the messages never mind league reconstruction. They're both out of their depth and we can all see it.

Edited by RANGERRAB

The SFL is 122 years old. It's the very foundation of league football in Scotland. Compare this to the SPL which is a failed experiment, corrupted and insolvent.

Recent events have shown us how little respect can be shown to our country's longest established football institutions, but in any restructuring the rotten to the core SPL MUST BE DISBANDED and CANNOT BE ALLOWED to take over this new league structure.

I vote for SFL1 and SFL2. I don't care whether that lot start at the top or bottom, but we need to protect our footballing heritage. It's one of the few things that makes the game in this country special afterall

Guest Bluenose80
The SFL is 122 years old. It's the very foundation of league football in Scotland. Compare this to the SPL which is a failed experiment, corrupted and insolvent.

Recent events have shown us how little respect can be shown to our country's longest established football institutions, but in any restructuring the rotten to the core SPL MUST BE DISBANDED and CANNOT BE ALLOWED to take over this new league structure.

I vote for SFL1 and SFL2. I don't care whether that lot start at the top or bottom, but we need to protect our footballing heritage. It's one of the few things that makes the game in this country special afterall

Couldn't agree more before any talks about reconstruction take place Regan & Doncaster must resign and Liewell shold also be forced to reliquish his place on the SFA board those should be our terms before we even begin talking. The SPL should as you say then be totally disbanded and the SFL should then be the ones to decide how reconstruction should be done and the ex SPL clubs should then be offered a place in the new structured based on the terms set by the SFL and they either have to agree or play amongst themselves.

What amazes me is that most people seem to miss the point in this league reconstruction.

That's a bit of a generalisation there Rab! :D

The likely hoped-for scenario(for the SPL anyway) is sone sort of SPL1& SPL2 which would virtually make the SFL redundant or significantly downsized in number & power in my opinion. Will the SFL accept this ? Or will a power battle ensue between the current SPL & SFL to see who runs the scottish leagues ?

The Scottish Football League won't be in a rush to throw away their status, but I think a merger is possibly on the cards as part of the so-called reconstruction.

One of the major problems is that on paper a merger would basically be the SPL disbanding (as UCF suggests) and coming home to the SFL, in a sense coming home to it's real roots in Scottish football. Whereas.... in reality, it'll be completely different because the big SPL clubs won't want to give up the superiority and separation of the SPL and at least one SPL club in particular certainly won't want to give up their current stranglehold on the governance of the game.

Interesting times lie ahead, that's for sure. I think eventually both Regan & Doncaster will fall on their swords as their past records suggest complete incompetence. I wouldn't send either for the messages never mind league reconstruction. They're both out of their depth and we can all see it.

Neither Stewart Regan or Neil Doncaster should be anywhere near the reconstruction of Scottish football and to allow them to be anywhere near it would be complete and utter negligence on the part of anyone with a higher authority than theirs and negligence on the part of the whole of Scottish football, including the fans.

16 teams with 30 games allows for a proper winter break to try and avoid the worst weather.

If 15 home games isn't enough for the clubs financially, then they would just need to look at altering the cup formats or maybe even creating a new cup competition of some sort. Where there's a will, there's a way as the saying goes!

Didnt you read my earlier post? :box::D

I think a few of the SPL clubs are in favour of a bigger SPL, so if you take into account that 42 clubs will be voting on reconstruction proposals, then the objections of maybe 8 to 10 SPL clubs might not matter much. It's all going to depend on what the actual proposals are.

But the objection of 8-10 SPL clubs WILL matter Zappa. The proposals need to be approved by BOTH SPL AND SFL clubs - and it seems they take their vote independently, which means the SPL needs an 11-1 vote to accept the proposal.