Anyone know what the score is with his contract?

Gunslinger had him away last week, what did you hear mate?

We must do all we can to keep him at Ibrox, even if it's just till we can get good money for him in a couple of years.

They say Moyes is interested, Everton just paid £200k for a young lad from Killie.

I think we should be looking at Killies youth coaches, as Barrie came from them as well.

This a bit man-lovey, but I can't get enough of the way McKay moves. He just glides over the pitch. At 17, to have effortless athleticism on your side is a huge bonus; it gets him space, gives him time. And playing against knackered defences, like yesterday when he came on, means he can have that bit extra time to pick out a pass.

The only question is, will he continue to develop, and I can see no reason why not. Whether it's with us, of course...

By the looks of it, he's a right-sided attacking player. As long as there was need, McCoist used him in every game. Now that we have options across the front-line, I think the gaffer will try to avoid another Fleck scenario and use Little on that side of midfield and bring McKay on as a sub more often than starting him. He and templeton are the flair players like Aluko who can spark the crowd and the team on. We should make sure that we have them as long with us as possible.

This a bit man-lovey, but I can't get enough of the way McKay moves. He just glides over the pitch. At 17, to have effortless athleticism on your side is a huge bonus; it gets him space, gives him time. And playing against knackered defences, like yesterday when he came on, means he can have that bit extra time to pick out a pass.

The only question is, will he continue to develop, and I can see no reason why not. Whether it's with us, of course...

yeah he just looks like a winger.

head up prodding the back of the ball to hide which way he's moving it arms out for balance.

Edited by the gunslinger

I think McKay will mostly feature as a sub....

The lad has a lot of pace & a willingness/desire to run at defences. If brought on later on in the game when the opposition are tiring, he has the ability to cause all sorts of mischief.

It is good for McCoist to have several options in attack - allows for some rotation and altering of game play.

Want him signed up to a three of four year deal. In saying that lets hope McKay has his head screwed on. He's playing at a huge club and getting regular first team football. We have seen too many young Scottish players leave Scotland are never heard from again. Best example of that being Danny Wilson.

The disparity in financial resources between Scotland and England is something we better get used too. We've lost Danny Wilson and I'd add Rhys McCabe to that now too, Celtic lost that boy Islam Feruz, Dundee Utd lost Scott Allan, Aberdeen lost Fraser Fyvie and Kilmarnock lost Matthew Kennedy last week too. The thinking in England just now is to bring in promising young players in their teens rather than wait for them to mature elsewhere. I'm not sure it's the right idea but the problem for us is they can afford too take the chance, indeed it's really no gamble at all for them. It wouldn't surprise me if McKay doesn't sign another contract, that's not a reflection on him, I know nothing about him, just my take on the footballing economy these days.