6 of the starting XI yesterday had a Rangers connection mate

Fair point, but it is easier to reject a manager with a Rangers connection than it is to reject your best players - even levein couldnt not select the likes of McGregor, Hutton, Adam and Naismith.

I hear the Irish fans are getting sick of Trap.
If only we could afford him. How the hell can RoI consistently out-perform us when they have players who just as ordinary as ours? They won their last game with 2 goals in the last 2 minutes! Keane is the only one they have who is better than our strikers.

I also found it quite amusing when McLeish, the worst manager of all time, said Serbia had no game changers compared to us when they had £8m Tosic on the pitch, twice as good as any Scottish player

Yet if Levein could put his personal issues to one side we could have had a 14m striker playing in Fletcher (not that he is worth that mind).

Id actually rather have McLeish in charge than Levein. Just as long as he didnt bring that bald bloke Watson with him. Like McCoist with Rangers McLeish always needed a better No.2

Fair point, but it is easier to reject a manager with a Rangers connection than it is to reject your best players - even levein couldnt not select the likes of McGregor, Hutton, Adam and Naismith.

What was it Levein said about not being picked for Scotland if you're not playing for your club. Hutton isn't anywhere near te Villa first team yet get picked for Scotland. Levein is tying himself in knots after his last memorable quote about not selecting Eallace because he's in div 3 yet picking Black.

Clown!

Scotland boss Craig Levein has warned the Tartan Army he will not bow to fan pressure into changing his tactics.

Levein came under fire from the Scotland faithful during Saturday's goalless draw with supporters calling for the introduction of free-scoring striker Jordan Rhodes during the second half before the Blackburn man was finally brought on ten minutes from time.

Scotland face Macedonia on Tuesday night and Levein has called on the fans to leave the selection decisions up to him.

"I have to use my experience. If every time the fans start to shout for a player and I have to put him on then we would be as well not having a manager and just letting the supporters pick the team," said Levein.

"I made what I considered to be the right changes at the right times although I could have gone a little earlier with the two strikers, but I think the game went reasonably well and I am just disappointed we didn't get the goal."

Levein defended his decision to start Kenny Miller as a lone attacker ahead of Rhodes feeling the Vancouver Whitecaps striker still has a lot to offer for Scotland.

"Jordan Rhodes is a very good player but he is untried and untested at international level," added Levein

"I thought Kenny Miller played excellently. He worked his socks off for the team and got us up the pitch and he also had a couple of opportunities himself.

"Would I class the two of them as the same player just now? No, I don't think they are but what Jordan can do is have an impact on a game.

"It might be that tomorrow is the game where he will have an impact. I do feel we go from nothing to the extreme where he is the best player that has ever played.

"Jordan is a young lad who is learning his way in the game and I will make my judgments based on what I see in training, who we are playing and all these sort of things."

What an arrogant dick.

Walcott, Rooney, Ox-Chamberlain and even back to Michael Owen in 1998, all young promising players thrown in when they are playing well. Rhodes has been banging them in and should start on Tuesday.

"I thought Kenny Miller played excellently. He worked his socks off for the team and got us up the pitch and he also had a couple of opportunities himself.

IMHO, that's the problem with Miller....he will put in the effort, but he's never been the most prolific goal scorer. When he partnered Boyd @ Rangers, it was Miller that did all the leg work, with Boyd putting in the net. If Levein insists on starting Miller, he needs someone along side to assist ie. Rhodes.

as for this:

"Jordan Rhodes is a very good player but he is untried and untested at international level," added Levein

Who's faults that Mr Levein???

If we look back to when Walter & McLeish were in charge. The team were doing well & the fans were excited - we were capable of winning games. However I get the impression that confidence has dipped again. I would say that Levein probably has better players at the moment compared to what Smith & McLeish had.