Keevins Article- Mixed Up Idiot

No reporting. No journalism. Just opinion. Bumping his gums.

Shocking he can draw a wage for this hatred.

QOS have apparently moved 1000 tickets already for the Cup tie.

Where does that fit in to his grand vision?

Edited by bluebear54

First of all, you can only beat what's put in front of you, AND, it was the tim fans, and the rest, who wanted us out of their League.

Either Keevins thinks he can say what he likes thinking himself untouchable, OR, he is simply a stupid, stupid man.

First of all, you can only beat what's put in front of you, AND, it was the tim fans, and the rest, who wanted us out of their League.

Either Keevins thinks he can say what he likes thinking himself untouchable, OR, he is simply a stupid, stupid man.

I would guess a proper bit of both. And that is an unbearable combo indeed.

I'm familiar with Keevins' past however I don't have much of a problem with this piece. The thrust of it; that fans are being charged too much to attend matches, is one I agree with. SPL prices in particular are a joke, that this will be detrimental to the future of the game is a fair observation.

Accusing Rangers and Celtic supporters of blind loyalty is also a fair accusation, a quick view of some of the posts on here after a match should tell anyone interested that a lot of supporters feel the football on show is poor.

The thrust of his article is that Rangers and Celtic supporters are being taken for granted, are being overcharged for what's on display and are mugs for continuing to overpay for the quality on show.

Now you might not agree with all that, following a football club isn't all about the quality on the park after all, if it was we'd all follow Barcelona, but it isn't that controversial an article, is it?

AMMS, he can make the point without the insulting gullable tag. Would he be making the same accusation against the East Stirlingshire supporter who turns up every week?

Also there is this inference that the likes of me and many other season ticket holders renewed their tickets to get one over Celtic fans. Nothing could be further from the truth. They are a total irrelevence as to whether I renew or not, and it's the same for most of my mates. They did not get a mention when the discussions were on-going.

He does have a point about the pricing but it's tired journalism by Keevins and the likes of Gordon Waddell to assume that most are renewing because some other team.

Fair point, I don't disagree Bluedell, Keevins isn't much of a writer and his opening does detract from his point, which is a good one. I guess I'm just trying to point out the nub of his article, that I need to do that kinda tells you all that's wrong with it.

I'm familiar with Keevins' past however I don't have much of a problem with this piece. The thrust of it; that fans are being charged too much to attend matches, is one I agree with. SPL prices in particular are a joke, that this will be detrimental to the future of the game is a fair observation.

Accusing Rangers and Celtic supporters of blind loyalty is also a fair accusation, a quick view of some of the posts on here after a match should tell anyone interested that a lot of supporters feel the football on show is poor.

The thrust of his article is that Rangers and Celtic supporters are being taken for granted, are being overcharged for what's on display and are mugs for continuing to overpay for the quality on show.

Now you might not agree with all that, following a football club isn't all about the quality on the park after all, if it was we'd all follow Barcelona, but it isn't that controversial an article, is it?

I think if is article was written more like how you have explained it, we'd have far less of a problem with it.

AMMS, he can make the point without the insulting gullable tag. Would he be making the same accusation against the East Stirlingshire supporter who turns up every week?

Also there is this inference that the likes of me and many other season ticket holders renewed their tickets to get one over Celtic fans. Nothing could be further from the truth. They are a total irrelevence as to whether I renew or not, and it's the same for most of my mates. They did not get a mention when the discussions were on-going.

He does have a point about the pricing but it's tired journalism by Keevins and the likes of Gordon Waddell to assume that most are renewing because some other team.

Spot on, I haven't watched or read about anything to do with the SPL.

I renewed because Rangers needed me and that's all I'm concerned about, of course I will moan on a Sunday or Monday morning that we could've been better show me a football fan who doesn't moan it's what we do. But first and foremost I'm there to support my team and not to give it the big finger to a bunch of hate filled twats.

Keevins has used this whole article to get the point across that "we have bigger crowds because our admission is cheaper" because like every other Selik man he can't stand the fact that even from way down in the depths of Div3 we can still get one over on them. Also the fact that he was proved sadly wrong when he predicted we would be playing to paltry crowds if we went to Div3 (did this journalistic icon not know that the prices were cheaper when he made that bold prediction or is the reference to admission costs scraping the barrell?).