Rangers statement on the stripping of titles

no it doesn't but it does mean he will make decisions based on cost to investors in all situations.

It is not as simple as a fine costing money and titles costing nothing.

Green is nobody's fool and I am sure he is aware of how tenuous the support of the fans is. If he doesn't defend the titles he will be well aware the fans will turn and this will affect the future of the club. He needs to be sure the fans will stick by the club when the time for it to be sold arrives. He needs a healthy, well supported club.

Although he is a hard nosed businessman, he cannot possibly have known just how huge our club is. He must be influenced by this and by everything that has happened to the club.

All in all it makes no sense to me for him to accept the loss of titles as opposed to a one off or short term financial penalty. I think he may fight it whatever.