In the SPL or not?

Screw the SPL.

We could make the SFL the bigger league given time. As said before half the Div 1 clubs are on par with SPL sides. The more glamour SPL fixtures other than the OF are against Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. But I have no problem avoiding playing those 4 again, the hatred they bring is rotten anyway.

The SFL should start rejecting relegated SPL clubs and let those 12 float adrift.

Right let's forget the English angle it's never happening. So with that in mind the SPL can get stuffed, are we actually considering going back to an organisation that as we speak is are running the biggest witch hunt in the history of football.

The SFL is the only way forward and the SPL should die the death it deserves, but when reconstruction comes it should be the SFL who decides the path to follow.

The only upside I see in rejoining the SPL, if they even allow us back in which is anybodys guess right now, would be having access to European competitions that are needed financially and otherwise. Everybody wants to see their team play internationally I'm pretty sure about that. Having somewhat of an "outcast league" with the SFL or moving to England could not grant access to CL and EL I pressume. Other than that, nevermind the SPL!

The only upside I see in rejoining the SPL, if they even allow us back in which is anybodys guess right now, would be having access to European competitions that are needed financially and otherwise. Everybody wants to see their team play internationally I'm pretty sure about that. Having somewhat of an "outcast league" with the SFL or moving to England could not grant access to CL and EL I pressume. Other than that, nevermind the SPL!
Playing in the EPL earns far more money than the 10mill CL money. I still think it would be worth applying to them but I would do it with the full co-operation of the SFL i certainly wouldn't go behind their back.

That surely would earn a lot more money. Still you want your team to be represented internationally. But honestly, is there really any sort of chance for acceptance into the EPL? I read about changing organisations into another country (e.g. like Berwick Rangers) is highly complicated and depends on a large number of requirements. I'm not exactly aware of those, but moving to another countries football organisation seems really aggravated.

We need to play at the highest level possible. Ideally qualifying for CL group stages.

Beyond that, I can't see how we'd be invited into any other hypothetical "higher level" league set-up (British, Atalantic, European, take your pick) unless we were top-flight in Scotland.

I don't think the SPL will be around for much longer, so joining their league probably won't come up as an issue. As for the SPL teams? You won't see me at any of their grounds ever again.

I think we need to be clear about who our beef is with.

The SPL as an organisation have shown themselves to be corrupt and incompetent, I would be angry if we agreed to rejoin them without some fundamental changes taking place. I'd have little problem with refusing promotion to the SPL if the organisation still existed in its current form.

The talk of moving to England is interesting, I too would have supported an application to play south of the border had we made one. We didn't, but we now find ourselves surrounded by decent, straightforward football people again. I hope we remember that these clubs, the smaller clubs, were fair to us when the larger clubs weren't. I'd put all our energies into creating a 2 league structure, containing far more teams and who play each other twice a season. 3 up and 3 down, more even spreading of money to all clubs and a focus on improving the quality of player and style of football, not about maximising income and increasing debt.

As an aside on the English thing. A Glaswegian by the name of Frank Lynch (we'll all just guess what team he supports) started bankrolling an obscure Carlisle non-league club recently. Gifford Town play in the Northern League and they recently changed their name to Celtic Nation, they now also wear green and white hoops. They are expected to be promoted again this season as they are buying players from senior leagues, considerably better quality than the rest of the league can afford. Strangely Mr Lynch has no connection with the club, or Carlisle or indeed Cumbria, he's a rich Glasgow guy who now lives in South Carolina.

Quite why someone who lives 2,000 miles away and has no connection to the region would want to bankroll a team with no history (they were founded in 2005) and a tiny support to make progress through the English leagues we can only guess at. It's also curious why he picked a team situated as close to the Scottish border as possible, I'm not aware of the transatlantic flight connections between Charleston and Carlisle, perhaps a club nearer Manchester or indeed Heathrow might have made more sense. Why you'd insist they changed their name and strips to ones resembling a club 100 miles or so north we can also only speculate at.

This is all perfectly legal, Lynch has no official connection with any other club under the auspices of a different FA. If, in a few years time, when perhaps Celtic Nation have made it to say the Conference their ground won't meet the criteria required, they've such a small support they've no hope of building a new one, they might then consider looking for a new home to play in. I wonder where they might consider finding somewhere suitable?

Edited by amms

I think we need to be clear about who our beef is with.

The SPL as an organisation have shown themselves to be corrupt and incompetent, I would be angry if we agreed to rejoin them without some fundamental changes taking place. I'd have little problem with refusing promotion to the SPL if the organisation still existed in its current form.

The talk of moving to England is interesting, I too would have supported an application to play south of the border had we made one. We didn't, but we now find ourselves surrounded by decent, straightforward football people again. I hope we remember that these clubs, the smaller clubs, were fair to us when the larger clubs weren't. I'd put all our energies into creating a 2 league structure, containing far more teams and who play each other twice a season. 3 up and 3 down, more even spreading of money to all clubs and a focus on improving the quality of player and style of football, not about maximising income and increasing debt.

As an aside on the English thing. A Glaswegian by the name of Frank Lynch (we'll all just guess what team he supports) started bankrolling an obscure Carlisle non-league club recently. Gifford Town play in the Northern League and they recently changed their name to Celtic Nation, they now also wear green and white hoops. They are expected to be promoted again this season as they are buying players from senior leagues, considerably better quality than the rest of the league can afford. Strangely Mr Lynch has no connection with the club, or Carlisle or indeed Cumbria, he's a rich Glasgow guy who now lives in South Carolina.

Quite why someone who lives 2,000 miles away and has no connection to the region would want to bankroll a team with no history (they were founded in 2005) and a tiny support to make progress through the English leagues we can only guess at. It's also curious why he picked a team situated as close to the Scottish border as possible, I'm not aware of the transatlantic flight connections between Charleston and Carlisle, perhaps a club nearer Manchester or indeed Heathrow might have made more sense. Why you'd insist they changed their name and strips to ones resembling a club 100 miles or so north we can also only speculate at.

This is all perfectly legal, Lynch has no official connection with any other club under the auspices of a different FA. If, in a few years time, when perhaps Celtic Nation have made it to say the Conference their ground won't meet the criteria required, they've such a small support they've no hope of building a new one, they might then consider looking for a new home to play in. I wonder where they might consider finding somewhere suitable?

The FA has a 30 mile relocation rule, but if he can round that somehow, Frank Lynch could well be on to a winner.

I wish we were doing something similar!