Annan 0 - 0 Rangers (FT)

whos feathers am i ruffling? if people cant handle the truth it is hardly my fault.

your previous posts were condescending.

there you go again with that crying crap. its pathetic. "super mod" it says below your name. incredible.

I agree that was pathetic as for the rest you answered yourself.

if people cant handle the truth it is hardly my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by kuznetsov"

super mod" it says below your name. incredible.

I never put it there and I don't feel any more important than any other poster.

Anyway we have drifted from the OP let's get it back on track.

Think it's fairly probable that if we win every home game and draw every away game we WILL be promoted. However, it could depend on our results for neutral grounds or success at extra time or penalty kicks. We're one for one for extra time...

Extra time or neutral grounds aren't going to help us in the league though are they?

Drawing three away's is the equivalent of losing two for everyone you win, if we'd lost two out of our opening three away's the 'Chopometer' would be back on the back pages but hey a last minute equaliser against the mighty Peterhead and an incredibly incompetent refereeing decision in our favour denied Berwick Rangers their deserved three points, had we lost today against the international powerhouse known as Annan Athletic we'd have had little reason to grumble.

People need to take off the blue tinted glasses when it comes to McCoist, legend of a player sure, bluenose absof*&kinglutely, media darling of course but he doesn't show the slightest symptom of being a football manager.

Extra time or neutral grounds aren't going to help us in the league though are they?

Drawing three away's is the equivalent of losing two for everyone you win, if we'd lost two out of our opening three away's the 'Chopometer' would be back on the back pages but hey a last minute equaliser against the mighty Peterhead and an incredibly incompetent refereeing decision in our favour denied Berwick Rangers their deserved three points, had we lost today against the international powerhouse known as Annan Athletic we'd have had little reason to grumble.

People need to take off the blue tinted glasses when it comes to McCoist, legend of a player sure, bluenose absof*&kinglutely, media darling of course but he doesn't show the slightest symptom of being a football manager.

Strange reply seeing as mine was completely objective and could apply to any team. I didn't think I'd have to spell it out but here we go.

Winning all home games and drawing all away games means accumulating 72 points which will easily get you a play off spot. Last season that would have been second place by a large margin. The semi finals are always two legged affairs which of course you'd progress due to winning at home and drawing away.

Now I wasn't sure about the final but it seems it's also two legs which would make promotion a certainty. However, even if it was at a neutral ground, and that is pessimisticly considered an away game, then another draw is on the cards. So a team with a 100 percent extra time winning record away would also be promoted.

I believe that logic is pretty sound and not affected by any tint of any colour or favour.

Just checked and I believe that the mean points total of the 3rd division winners for the last four seasons was exactly 72 points. The highest was 78. To achieve this and almost guarantee automatic promotion, you can drop 30 points. That's 15 away draws from 18. Looks like it only takes one win in six as long as you win all your home games and draw the rest of the away games.

absolutely. i have a beautiful family, intelligent kids, a nice house, good job, family car and business van. i do ok. couldnt really ask for more tbh.

This, to me, is a bit of a twilight zone post, but let's look at it at face value.

To be brutally honest, if you gave my former 12 year old self a glimpse of the future and showed my vehicles to be a family car and company van I think I'd be gutted. It might be your ambition and taste but I'd struggle with seeing that meet my aspirations at the time. A C- would be pushing it.

However, if you showed me my current convertible, coupe and sports motorbike I'd be ecstatic - easily an A+. But I don't really see it as some amazing achievement, just a matter of choice. It certainly doesn't make me feel like I can judge others' level of success against it.

The worrying part of your post is, considering your treatment of McCoist, what would you be like if your family wasn't so beautiful and intelligent? What if your kids didn't quite meet your lofty standards?

But in the end, for all we know you could be single, childless, renting a flat and have no car or van. The truth is that the only standard you can really display on here is your writing. Sorry, but to be brutally honest, in that regard, your standards don't impress. Maybe you just need to find the shift key... I'm not having a go at your writing, but I am having a go at your double standards and blindness to your own imperfections.

If you're going to talk the talk you should at least walk the walk...

Edited by calscot

This, to me, is a bit of a twilight zone post, but let's look at it at face value.

The worrying part of your post is, considering your treatment of McCoist, what would you be like if your family wasn't so beautiful and intelligent? What if your kids didn't quite meet your lofty standards?

Lets not, you come across as a complete psycho, no offense. :thup:

Thanks to my very high standards and demands, they are and they do. I accept nothing less.

I am sure i already read a reply from you to that post of mine. I do wonder why people feel the need.

I wish people would stop mentioning him being a legend as a player. I personally couldn't give two fucks if our manager was previously the captain of ROI, so long as we played football the correct way

Just checked and I believe that the mean points total of the 3rd division winners for the last four seasons was exactly 72 points. The highest was 78. To achieve this and almost guarantee automatic promotion, you can drop 30 points. That's 15 away draws from 18. Looks like it only takes one win in six as long as you win all your home games and draw the rest of the away games.

So let me get this straight we are now looking to see how bad we can be and still get out the lowest Div in the land, give me f##king strength. :facepalm:

So let me get this straight we are now looking to see how bad we can be and still get out the lowest Div in the land, give me f##king strength. :facepalm:

Ignore him mate. I have yet to see a single post of his that I agree with. You would think he was employed by the club to type nonsensical promotional hyperbole.

Give him his credit though, he's certainly consistent.

And when you start working out equations in the 3rd division you are either a troll or a grade A fucking moron.