Annan 0 - 0 Rangers (FT)

And that in a nutshell is why we will still be sitting watching crap football in 10 years time.

It's ok we are winning most of the time absolutely shameful stance, and you call yourself a Rangers fan your not a fan your a glory-hunter. You can take world records and throw them away, I would rather my team is remembered for playing great football not how many times we won in a mickey mouse league against poor teams just struggling to stay open never mind actually mount a challenge. We have a chance to build something really special at Rangers and get it right this time, but NO what's that all about it's about winning the lowest Div in the land first and foremost because that's a real achievement isn't it.

So you can take your facts that you love so much and cuddle them close at night if keeps you warm, I will take the fact that we haven't played football worth watching for years and I don't see it changing under Ally.

As for the wee snarky bit at the end TUT TUT, I'm sure if I ever put my head in the sand you will be the first person I bump into perish the thought.

You want Rangers to be remembered like Tommy Burn's Celtic rather than the NIAR Rangers team? I doubt many will be with you on that. You would have preferred Mowbray and his football philosophy to Smith and three in a row and a UEFA final too?

Here's a quote:

"Rangers like the big strong powerful fellows, with a bit of strength and solidity in the tackle, rather than the frivolous, quick moving stylists like Jimmy Johnstone, small, tiptoe-throughs the tulips type of players who excite people." - Willie Waddell, Rangers manager 1972

I think you are supporting the wrong team...

Funny new definition of a glory hunter - wanting your team to win the league...

Edited by calscot

You want Rangers to be remembered like Tommy Burn's Celtic rather than the NIAR Rangers team? I doubt many will be with you on that. You would have preferred Mowbray and his football philosophy to Smith and three in a row and a UEFA final too?

Here's a quote:

"Rangers like the big strong powerful fellows, with a bit of strength and solidity in the tackle, rather than the frivolous, quick moving stylists like Jimmy Johnstone, small, tiptoe-throughs the tulips type of players who excite people." - Willie Waddell, Rangers manager 1972

I think you are supporting the wrong team...

Funny new definition of a glory hunter - wanting your team to win the league...

NIAR Rangers played some good football so again your talking pish, good football and winning go hand in hand when are going to get that into your head. As for the rest of your post I bet if you could sit Willie Waddell down and let him watch Saturdays game he would've been livid.

Rangers used to set the bar in this country but going by your stance we don't set the bar anymore we look to see who high it is and just make do. :facepalm:

Again remind me how big was Willie Johnston, Alex McDonald, Tommy McLean & Wullie Henderson?

As for the last childish bit of your post, kind of says it all about you and absolutely nothing about me, as I said before whatever keeps you warm at night.

Edited by GovanAllan

NIAR Rangers played some good football so again your talking pish, good football and winning go hand in hand when are going to get that into your head.

The impression by the press at the time was that Celtic played good football while we won the league through strength. Maybe you don't remember.

Don't remember Wimbledon been renowned for great fooball during their most successful years... Wasn't Smith criticised on here for getting to the UEFA final with "awful" football.

I remember Falkirk being praised for good football under Yogi, they were relegated.

I don't go for arbitrary connections that don't agree with the real world.

Rangers used to set the bar in this country but going by your stance we don't set the bar anymore we look to see who high it is and just make do. :facepalm:

I never said that, but you do have a task to do - getting it done is the most important bit, getting it done to spare and with style is a bonus. If Ally wins the league by 10 points or more does that mean he's set the bar and gets your approval? One of our most famous title wins was by goal difference, did we just make do?

I'm really struggling with your logic.

As for the last childish bit of your post, kind of says it all about you and absolutely nothing about me, as I said before whatever keeps you warm at night.

What childish bit? I don't recall saying I know anything about you - bar what you write on here. All I did was interpret what you said yourself.

Why don't we just stop telling other people what they think and hand out rather unnecessary attributes to fellow posters? The grandest problem every board has is that it is "writing only", so various parts of an otherwise sensible debate go amiss or even lost. I for one would assume that calscot and GA think on a parallel wave-length, with a few disagreements in detail. Fleshing out these details is apparently an obstacle not easily overcome in writing, as not all information is probably explained best. In any case, there is absolutely no need trying to convince fellow boarders of a) his/her own opinion and b) the wrongness in theirs. That though, is just MHO ...

NIAR Rangers played some good football so again your talking pish, good football and winning go hand in hand when are going to get that into your head. As for the rest of your post I bet if you could sit Willie Waddell down and let him watch Saturdays game he would've been livid.

Again remind me how big was Willie Johnston, Alex McDonald, Tommy McLean & Wullie Henderson?

Allen we have said before, please stop with the Your talking Pish statements. It doesn't add to your argument in any way.

Pray tell when was their "most successful years" given that in their 115 year history they won the FA Amateur Cup once and the FA Cup once.

When you're not Rangers, there is more to being successful than winning trophies. Success is relative. I think you are knowledgeable enough to answer your own question.

The most recent example of playing good football & winning nothing is Arsenal!!! cracking team, with cracking players...yet a VERY empty trophy cabinet.

Playing silky football means absolutely nothing if your not winning - whether that is a single game, cup competitions of the league. Priority No.1 in football is to win the match. Do that often enough & you win leagues & cups. Doing it with flair & finesse is nothing but a bonus. Fans love to see good entertaining football, but what would the reaction be like if we played great football, but didn't get out of Div3???

Secure the result 1st & foremost....worry about how you did it later!!!