england

Guest fozzy_bear

educate me as i dont know of these world championships you speak of.

all i know is 1950 was the first WC england travelled to? some twenty years after the cup was started.

Your right, the media do think england have a devine right to win against minnows - do you not think this transfers to the players?

Do you not think they could easily have beaten belarus/australia/NI if the said teams werent savagly ridiculed by the press, games which are referred to as "routine friendlies/just another group game"

before the world cup was organised there consisted a `world championships` consisting of a dozen or so of the worlds best teams of the time and england won it twice. talking about the years of 1900-1930.

i really don`t thinbk the team are at all arrogant but it`s interesting to see how scots percieve them.

i believe they are confident but it`s being misidentified by people as arrogance.

what would dado prso lool like if he wasn`t confident? he`s not arrogant either but i`m not denying you do get arrogant players(n.lennon), but it`d be a very poor footballer who wasn`t confident rino!

your confusing arrogance with being professional.

Prso is a model pro- knows he has a job to do and does it against whoever the opposition.

The english playing a gung-ho 4-3-3 (which they hadnt really tried out) against a team they clearly deemed inferior is just arrogance. plain and simple.

A few out of 40 million maybe!

Honestly, I must only meet the 'decent' English or ones that tell lies. I don't think I've ever met an English person whom I would call Anti-Scottish. Sure, a few of them give me a ribbing about being Scottish but I wouldn't expect anything else.

All the English people I know (friends, family, work-mates, people on holiday) are all very decent and all have good things to say about Scotland, the Scottish people and the ones interested in sports, or sports teams.

Off course, when Scotland meet England they all want England to win - that is obvious.

As for the English media, who are we to complain about media. Its hardly like we have the most ballances, unbiased madia.

Cammy F

My dislike for england stems from the fact that england and in particular their media seem to think they have a devine right to win the WC.

Based on a single trophy win in '66 when the format was different and there were less teams.

I think its more to do with the fact that they have one of the best teams in the competition when playing at thier best.

I agree the media do take it too far sometimes but i will be supporting them all the way and i also know that my family and friends in England would be supporting Scotland if the roles were reversed.

I keep saying to people who complain about the english media. Dont let you're opinion of the media put down you're opinion of all english people.

I agree with cammy, most english people i've met all hope scotland do well. Its only banter i get from english, but i tend to think its more than that from our side unfortunatley

As for the English media, who are we to complain about media. Its hardly like we have the most ballances, unbiased madia.

Cammy F

Difference is the English media broadcast to the whole of the UK, whereas ours is only regional.

They have a responsibility to be less partial and biased because they're catering for 4 nations, not 1.

That's the difference.