Stirling Albion secretary Dick King slammed for branding Rangers fans 'Huns' online

Was there not a court case when a Mhanky got done for having Hun on his T-Shirt, the judge must have got mixed up that day.

Remember, the Sheriff will NOT make judgement on a case unless it's presented to him/her. It is the job of the PF to decide whether it is in the public interest to progress a case, or even ask the police for a report.

There was a high profile case 3-4 years past whereby a GP was the recipient of 5 charges. Assaulting his wife, assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest, BotP, and Aggravated BotP. Reference the last charge, he accused the arresting officers(and there were a dozen of them) of being motivated by religeous prejudice. Seamlessly, after hitting his wife and a police officer with a piece of deck planking, he assumed vicTIM status.

The case progressed and he was found guilty on four charges. The Aggravated charge was dropped by the PF. Why? No explanation given.

The above is not unusual.

Wikkipedia can be written by anyone and you can guess who are incredibly and obsessionally active when it comes to references to Rangers.

Yep. It has been officially registered as "deragotary, slang, unacceptable" by none other than the Police Service of Northern Ireland. (opens pdf, go to page 2). It does not describe "Rangers", but specifically Protestants and Presberytans. Thus, it is by default sectarian and anyone assuming that this is not the source of "our" denomination as H*ns also believes in a flat Earth. If these people ever needed a precedent, they should just look across the water and another part of Britain.

Guest Cornwall Ger
I once worked beside a lad called Richard Kinghorn. He saw nothing funny about his name at all, which just made me laugh even more.

I don't think he liked me much.

Ah, were down to funny name abuse now..... well at least we cant be accused of sectarianism!!

according to Bill McMurdo's blog today the word HUN refers to either followers of ATTILA or german soldiers from WW1 I think he said. Can someone please enlighten me as to how we are referred to by the uneducated masses as HUNS ? Where's the connection ? or is it wee daft bhoys again ?

according to Bill McMurdo's blog today the word HUN refers to either followers of ATTILA or german soldiers from WW1 I think he said. Can someone please enlighten me as to how we are referred to by the uneducated masses as HUNS ? Where's the connection ? or is it wee daft bhoys again ?

We actually called the tims the huns in the 70's because they helped the Germans in the war. They seemed to get it turned round at sometime because of the German connection of the Queen.

This is precisely why I have always objected to being called a Hun. Take your pick from a barbaric tribe or Nazis. The one handed salute many of the fans give is too similar to the Nazi salute for my liking. The sale of NF publications out side Ibrox has always enraged me. They seem to think they are on a fertile ground. Whatever the convoluted reason for us being called Huns, I detest being called a Hun because of the historical connotations of the word. It is used as a term of abuse by bigots.