Daily Record: Read the secret dossier...

I think the most amazing bit is that we would have been obliged to deposit a sum of £100,000 with the SFA, which they would have used to cover their fees should they face a legal challenge from us (it specifically states this 'deposit' would be used for this purpose).

Hard to believe. The chair of St Mirren, Stewart Gilmour, is a legal type. It would be interesting to get his view on this form of law, where one is asked to pay the costs of one's adversary in advance & regardless of outcome. I'd like to see the background to that one.

I'd like even more for a journo to phone him up and ask him, as a solicitor or whatever level he is, his opinion on such a tactic. That would be worth hearing.

There is a like resentment in Germany for all things Bayern Munich. The latter's motto is "Mia sam mia" (Bavarian German: "We are we" ... and don't care about the rest) and nigh all non Bayern-fans would have voted exactly as the Scottish ones did had Bayern been in our position. I know that the religious "clock" in Scotland beats differently, but do not forget the simple football supporters rivalry. IMHO it generally runs far deeper than any religious one, at least with all non-Glasgow teams.

The religious clock in Scotland stopped about 30 years ago, thank goodness. There's a programme in the download section on our 86-87 teasm under Souness - prior to his arrival, we were disliked but, as we were no threat, laughed at more than despised. Post-Souness we were hated. Sod all to do with religion and all to do with being the biggest and the best.

The religious clock in Scotland stopped about 30 years ago, thank goodness. There's a programme in the download section on our 86-87 teasm under Souness - prior to his arrival, we were disliked but, as we were no threat, laughed at more than despised. Post-Souness we were hated. Sod all to do with religion and all to do with being the biggest and the best.

Good that you say this. From my experience the whole religious stuff very much subsided from the late 80s onwards. Sure we had our hardcore chaps, as they had theirs. But for me it always came down to stereotypical reporting rather than reality when any report about the Old Firm had - no matter what - mention religion and make it appear that we're still stuck in our neolithic age of bigotry. Only these last 4 or 5 years (can I call it the Age of Lennon?), while the Bears have grown out of that, the Hooped Horrors have started a new "war" on various levels. Utterly despicable campaigning in Europe and at home, while they clad themselves in layers of victimhood and oppression ... and sing their IRAokes without reprimand. It plain and simply beggars belief. You'd wish that this whole sad affair about the EBT punishment drafts is revealed to the core and they get the full brunt of any authority responsible.

I have only just started reading this but I see an inconsistency immediately on page 5 Re EBT's.

1st paragraph states "... were not included in the written contracts of employment of those players and which were not notified prior to such payments being made and at the time when such arrangements were entered into to either the SFA or SPL"

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but Blair said Celtic had no case to answer in the Juninho EBT.... yet I dont think Celtic notified the SFA or the SPL prior to making any such payment to Juninho, correct ? They only made notification after the HMRC liability was paid... and that liability would have only been paid after making payment to the playerh imself.

So.... why is it that in June we were being forced into accepting guilt for this yet 3 short months later Celtic have "no case to answer" for the same thing.

For a moment just ignore the administrative differences that the two clubs used. The above clearly states that we were being asked to accept guilt on the basis that we had not notified the SFA or SPL prior to paying the affected players. That sets principle and sets precedent in how they would handle such cases.

Why then is Celtic's a "no case to answer" when ours isnt.

Inconsistency ? Yes. Hypocrisy ? Looks like it. Corrupt ? I wouldnt bet against it.

Alasdair Lamont‏@BBCAlLamont

The SPL's chief exec Neil Doncaster has declined to be interviewed today on reports they wanted Rangers to accept the stripping of titles

in negotiations over summer. He feels it would be inappropriate given the imminent commission to examine alleged use of dual contracts

The Scottish Football Association's Stewart Regan won't speak either, but the SFA does plan to release statement today or tomorrow.