Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

I'm not kicking it mate but any club needs new fans and we can't always rely on fans from a purely historical "pool". Do you not want to encourage new fans to want to come and see Rangers? I just feel that any association with Orangism is somewhat negative and will isolate many fans and discourage any new fans looking to get into Rangers. We have enough in our locker to promote and use as a positive foundation for our club going forward. I just wish we would use that instead of the possibility of making money on the back of this orange strip

We've had our huge fanbase for 140 years, why are we suddenly going to struggle now?

The difference for me Pete is that red socks baloney was just another east end paranoid fairytale. Most Rangers fans know the story of our socks and no Rangers fan would be offended by them and in turn would laugh at the myths peddled by them. The orange strip is totally different. I reckon plenty of Rangers fans would pretty offended by this move

You haven't answered anything about my post reagrding the 2000 Cup Final.

Do plenty of Rangers fans look offended here - http://ayeready.com/features/images/oranje1.jpg ?

I'm a Rangers fan because of the school I went to. I'm not OO...so what?

I love everything about the club and it's roots and don't like 'others' slamming my beliefs as far as Rangers FC goes.

If my club wants to parade about on the football field in an orange strip, that's ok with me (as long as they're winning ha ha)

An old Rangers song that was sung weekly on my supporters bus on the way to a game was how I was brought up.

Sorry if it offends thee, so GIUY.

Orange and Blue

When Brethren are met in their Orders so grand,

What a beautiful sight for to view.

I was ordered to stand, by a brother's command,

To receive the bright Orange and Blue.

In darkness I entered, the Lord He knows where,

First bound me in chains it is true;

My shoes from my feet I did then cast away,

A rumbling noise just like thunder I heard,

Presented itself to my view,

You would stand with amazement to see them proclaim,

A glittering light unto me was revealed,

I became a fresh soul, quite anew;

I'll stand by my cause, my religion, and laws,

I'll die by the Orange and Blue.

What a shameful disgrace on a Lodge it doth bring,

To see brethren each other subdue;

When hatred and envy profession pursue,

Then they fly from the Orange and Blue.

Let us join heart and hand, and like William stand,

In defending a cause just and true;

Let the Boyne be our guide, as our forefathers died

In defence of the Orange and Blue.

Not necassarily saying we are going to struggle but surely it would be naive for any club to ignore the possiblity of gaining new fans outwith the traditional avenues?

I don't even know what that means to be honest, I'm a Rangers fan because my mum is, her dad was etc. Generations following on from each other seems a pretty fine avenue to me.

The difference for me Pete is that red socks baloney was just another east end paranoid fairytale. Most Rangers fans know the story of our socks and no Rangers fan would be offended by them and in turn would laugh at the myths peddled by them. The orange strip is totally different. I reckon plenty of Rangers fans would pretty offended by this move

To be honest I think far less than you seem to think. I am a pretty neutral guy and although I see your point i think you are putting more into it than there is. I could get knocked down by a car every day but does that mean I should not cross a road. To be honest I think it may get a lot of crap from Other teams supporters but I think one firm statement from Mr Green and time would cut the crap.

You haven't answered anything about my post reagrding the 2000 Cup Final.

Do plenty of Rangers fans look offended here - http://ayeready.com/features/images/oranje1.jpg ?

That photo proves absolutlely nothing. About half the crowd are wearing orange and I have no doubt a lot of them were genuinely making a tribute to our Dutch players at the time. So what? We don't have any Dutch connection at the mo so why an orange strip and to get back to the OP why were the lads in NI specifically asking for it?

I don't even know what that means to be honest, I'm a Rangers fan because my mum is, her dad was etc. Generations following on from each other seems a pretty fine avenue to me.

Of course it is and it always will be but times are changing and I believe it would be very naive to disregard any potential new fans from other avenues.

That photo proves absolutlely nothing. About half the crowd are wearing orange and I have no doubt a lot of them were genuinely making a tribute to our Dutch players at the time. So what? We don't have any Dutch connection at the mo so why an orange strip and to get back to the OP why were the lads in NI specifically asking for it?

...are you fishing?

Of course it is and it always will be but times are changing and I believe it would be very naive to disregard any potential new fans from other avenues.

Have you ever thought we may gain thousands of fans over the world because we have a flashy strip?