Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

What aspects in particular? Why does people having a different opinion to you cause you shame? Serious question.

I will respond to you on this one later AMMS as it wont be a short reply - but what I will say is that people disagreeing or having a different opinion does not shame me at all - ill informed and ignorant comments about sections of our support certainly do. Particularly when they are not here to defend themselves.

Stay true to Rangers? What is that by the way.

For any Ulster Bears who read this thread I apologise for the slating you seem be getting, because you want to sport your team your way and not somebodies PC version set up not to offend anybody and be liked by all. As far as this bear is concerned you are more than welcome and long my you keep coming, as the say goes who needs enemies when you've got friends like these.

Always thought the we must be loved mantra was just a thing the Mhanks did, it seems to be spreading across the city hopefully it will be a limited outbreak.

That reply is just meaningless and just bumping gums for a made up reason. Just what ARE you replying to?

I said NOTHING against NI fans, or are YOU against Ayrshire fans? Are you calling them enemies? You don't want to include them and for Rangers to be liked by them? Just what are you saying?

All I said is that NI supporters are no more important than Ayrshire fans and Rangers should not change just to suit one sector of fans.

What is a PC version? What are you advocating instead? A version where we deliberately go round offending people? Are you a sociopath? Or have you just not grown up yet and like to call people names and "wind them up" ho, ho. You're such a jolly japester and people are trying to spoil your fun eh?

Where do you stop? Racist songs and chants? Or are you too PC for that and so an enemy of the club?

Our enemies within are the ones that almost gave us sanctions in Europe and doing stuff that could lead to a ban - or are they our best friends?

I can't believe such a weird response to a post basically saying all fans should be treated equally. But it shows what baggage we have to deal with.

I didn't just pluck it out of thin air mate. It was mentioned in relation to our clubs wider reputation and the context of the orange strip etc.
I've said before that our club's reputation outside of this hate filled place called Scotland really isn't that bad. The foreign media coverage of our third division adventure shows that, people admire how our fans have stuck by their team, after all the likes of AC Milan have had thousands walk away because they sold Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

You're a Rangers fan i'm sure but just think you're coming across as self loathing.

See that's the difference you see Orange and all you see is OO, I see orange and I think of my friends from Ulster and what they had to live through and what their parents and their parents parents had to do to live the life they wanted. These same people you would rather stayed across the water every other Saturday and find another team to support.

If you can't be bothered to find out why they hold the colour Orange so dear then why have a pop at them for wanting it on 3rd kit ( yes a 3rd kit I may add), also for someone who doesn't do Ulster or religion you seem to have a lot to say on the subject.

Nail on the head GA.

See that's the difference you see Orange and all you see is OO, I see orange and I think of my friends from Ulster and what they had to live through and what their parents and their parents parents had to do to live the life they wanted. These same people you would rather stayed across the water every other Saturday and find another team to support.

If you can't be bothered to find out why they hold the colour Orange so dear then why have a pop at them for wanting it on 3rd kit ( yes a 3rd kit I may add), also for someone who doesn't do Ulster or religion you seem to have a lot to say on the subject.

What. So I'm not allowed to offer an opinion on it?

And for the record, I can't recall wishing they would stay across the water? I think it was more to do with being dissapointed with any fans using Rangers to promote their political/religious beliefs. That's how I see this

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

That reply is just meaningless and just bumping gums for a made up reason. Just what ARE you replying to?

I said NOTHING against NI fans, or are YOU against Ayrshire fans? Are you calling them enemies? You don't want to include them and for Rangers to be liked by them? Just what are you saying?

All I said is that NI supporters are no more important than Ayrshire fans and Rangers should not change just to suit one sector of fans.

What is a PC version? What are you advocating instead? A version where we deliberately go round offending people? Are you a sociopath? Or have you just not grown up yet and like to call people names and "wind them up" ho, ho. You're such a jolly japester and people are trying to spoil your fun eh?

Where do you stop? Racist songs and chants? Or are you too PC for that and so an enemy of the club?

Our enemies within are the ones that almost gave us sanctions in Europe and doing stuff that could lead to a ban - or are they our best friends?

I can't believe such a weird response to a post basically saying all fans should be treated equally. But it shows what baggage we have to deal with.

An orange top is a far cry from racism for god's sake.

I still fail to see why Rangers wearing an orange strip reinforces connections with the OO. There are currently no connections between the club and the OO.

People can choose to make up one in the same way as they have done with our socks etc.However it doesn't mean that there is a connection other than in these people's minds.

Is a Rangers fan who wears an orange strip promoting the Orange Order in any shape or form? I don't think so and fail to see why anyone else should.

Is a Rangers fan with an Orange phone promoting the OO or is it because they offered him the best deal?

What about someone with a RoI flag? The orange on that represents the OO. Are you suggesting that if you see an Irish Rugby match at Lansdowne Road you look at all the people with Irish flags as reinforcing connections with the OO?

The reason it's a reference to the OO is that there is no OTHER reason. Dundee Utd are probably nothing to do with the OO but that is there colours for a long, long time - and they don't sing the Sash.

How about a green strip then if all colours mean nothing? After all two of our ex-rivals in the SPL have orange strips, what's wrong with green?

The connection with the OO is there because it's there in other forms. You're being disingenuous here.

Again the usual rant without answering the question, same old Calscot.:thup:

Again.

Everything that's being said about the Orange Order and Northern Ireland is true. This isn't a pop at anyone

It's well worth commemorating.

Just, not by a football club.

But we aren't even doing that, Charles Green isn't going to release a statement if/when it comes out saying it's a tribute to the OO or whatever else.

People can make their own minds up if it means something else, and I couldn't give a toss if anyone is offended.