Any interesting news from last night's RST AGM with Charles G in da house?

in my opinion for what its worth there are far to many groups associations trusts call them what you like why cant we just all be rangers supporters .

Bloody splitters

Not trying to answer for Zappa , but what I believe he is meaning , is that when large fund managers or say pension funds buy large blocks of shares , it leaves the small shareholder powerless , in much the same way we were under Murray when he held his 92% or what ever it was .

You are seeing it more in the news now a days when shareholders are trying to vote down salary/bonus increases for directors , the vast majority of the time the funds back the board

That's partly what I had in mind rbr, but when I said there was a dilema evolving in response to forlan I was thinking more about the dilema evolving for the fans because while Green & co are winning fans over left, right and center, there's the not-so-small problem of buying into a share issue not actually giving the fans control of the club's destiny and that's a worry when you're talking about the fans investing heavily in shares that could essentially turn to dust... again.

That's partly what I had in mind rbr, but when I said there was a dilema evolving in response to forlan I was thinking more about the dilema evolving for the fans because while Green & co are winning fans over left, right and center, there's the not-so-small problem of buying into a share issue not actually giving the fans control of the club's destiny and that's a worry when you're talking about the fans investing heavily in shares that could essentially turn to dust... again.

Given the current state of the fans groups , and the division amongst the fans in general , would you really want a majority fan ownership model , I think not .

Given the current state of the fans groups , and the division amongst the fans in general , would you really want a majority fan ownership model , I think not .

No, I honestly don't think I would mate. Even at the lowest point in our history we can't genuinely unite as a fanbase and that worries me a lot more than anything else.

No, I honestly don't think I would mate. Even at the lowest point in our history we can't genuinely unite as a fanbase and that worries me a lot more than anything else.

A properly structured democratically system being implemented by the club right now could be ideal to bring the fans together as one unit. But it would have to be open to all and not along the lines of the USP statement which was childish. I'd hope also if the club endorsed a 100% democratic yet independent group new people might come forward to get over any of the old nonsense.

I'm not going to argue with your own feelings here, and god knows I've thought along those lines because of the abuse flung at me for no reason. However, what we see and read along with many others isn't picked up by the majority. The internet as a whole from a 'Gers perspective is in its infancy. I was over in Scotland at the weekend where I stayed with an old friend and he knew nothing of the nonsense that goes on and all my old school friends are the same. None of them touch the internet like we do and don't care about the crap we have to read.

I got a text with a screen shot that wasn't very nice and when I tried to give him a brief run down, his reaction was who are they. As the internet grows from our perspective, mainly FB and twitter IMO, most won't care, will never get involved in it, and will make up their own minds based on facts presented to them.

Just my opinion of course:)

Intersting posts there guys (thesins & shorerdbear)! :tu:

I'll say this much... Everyone and that means everyone, need to get over their previous problems and issues because if we can't all let bygones be bygones and move forward from here together, then Houston, we have a problem.

I'm not going to argue with your own feelings here, and god knows I've thought along those lines because of the abuse flung at me for no reason. However, what we see and read along with many others isn't picked up by the majority. The internet as a whole from a 'Gers perspective is in its infancy. I was over in Scotland at the weekend where I stayed with an old friend and he knew nothing of the nonsense that goes on and all my old school friends are the same. None of them touch the internet like we do and don't care about the crap we have to read.

I got a text with a screen shot that wasn't very nice and when I tried to give him a brief run down, his reaction was who are they. As the internet grows from our perspective, mainly FB and twitter IMO, most won't care, will never get involved in it, and will make up their own minds based on facts presented to them.

Just my opinion of course:)

What I have been trying to say for a while now.

The majority will do as they see fit, and the various groups need to get out there away from the internet.

The majority of Rangers people I associate with wouldn't know the RST from the Assembly etc. or FF from RM, or Vanguard Bears.

What I have been trying to say for a while now.

The majority will do as they see fit, and the various groups need to get out there away from the internet.

The majority of Rangers people I associate with wouldn't know the RST from the Assembly etc. or FF from RM, or Vanguard Bears.

Agreed 100%. I spend ages online and when the USP was formed it was big news on all sites. Then at my RSC meeting it wasn't even mentioned.

Truth of the matter is vast majority of support don't care about groups and see any fighting or divisive statements as ridiculous and puts punters off the idea of groups altogether.

Everyone that posts on forums or on twitter is a loony anyway. Quite right they are ignored! :)

Fan ownership doesn't mean fans running the club on a day to day basis, it would be up to shareholders to vote on a model. That could mean, for example, a management/supervisory board being voted in to appoint and supervise something along the lines of the current structure.

So you could still have a Charles Green running the club, but rather than being accountable to anonymous investors he'd report to a democratically elected board representing the fans.

I know there has been a lot of in-fighting between various groups, but to m mind this is representative of only a minority of our support. The RST is one of the biggest groups and only has a few thousand members. If you had 50,000 or 100,000 or 200,00o fans electing a board it would be representative of more mainstream views, and the extreme elements would be frozen out or on the peripheries.